Author Topic: OCS Severn - Harbour Tug  (Read 1664 times)

OCS Severn - Harbour Tug

Figured we needed harbour tugs for an upcoming naval base and shipyard build. The boat is spread across 3 decks (roosterpit, main deck, and accommodation deck) with capacity for 10 people split into 6 cabins (2x single, 4x double) with 4 bathrooms.

Specifications:
10 Crew (minimum 4)
1x Water cannon
1x Knuckle crane
3x Drum winch

« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 09:40:35 PM by Gaz »

why does such a tiny ship need 4 bathrooms though lol

do irl tugboats have that many + a bunk? i didnt think people lived on these things

either way 10/10 build, you and oceanco really know how to nail the look and feel of ships + their interiors

why does such a tiny ship need 4 bathrooms though lol

do irl tugboats have that many + a bunk? i didnt think people lived on these things

It depends on the model of tug, the Damen 3212 has 10 berths and 5 bathrooms. The tugs I've seen are nicer than some hotels I've stayed in. Tugging is quite labour intensive and dangerous so crew welfare is a higher priority.

The tugs operating out of a port near me have capacity for 10+ but only really operate with a crew of 4 (captain, chief engineer, officer of the watch, and able seaman). As to whether or not people live on them, yes but it depends on the operating company and how close the crew live to the port. Can't speak for all companies or ports.

thats some top tier stuff gaz, i really like how you do your research and consciously decide how to design the ship to both account for the irl references and ingame aesthetic/scaling. reminds me a lot of how much respect bones4 commanded for trying so hard to get the titanic exactly right, on top of the quality of his build.

could have a better water texture though

everything oceanco touches/makes turns to plastic gold. 10/10.