Author Topic: static map spawn??  (Read 4202 times)

I know you probably did it this way for simplicity's sake. But I feel I should mention that arrays usually start at "0" by convention. So it "should" start at %array[0] instead of %array[1]. That also means %array[getrandom(1,2)] would instead be %array[getrandom(0,1)].
It good to see people making maps again! What's the theme, by the way?

Thats Xen from half life! I'm working on a pack I have 3 of 5 maps done!

Code: [Select]
%obj.setScale("0.940827 1.97505 1");
I copied those numbers from kitchen.mis

I did some testing w/the spawnsphere.  It seems it would be better to think of it more like a spawn column, where the column is always 100 units tall, and the player is always spawned at the top and then moved down until it hits something.

So... I think you could move the spawnsphere down ~90-95 units, and it would start spawning the players inside of the map.

I copied those numbers from kitchen.mis

I did some testing w/the spawnsphere.  It seems it would be better to think of it more like a spawn column, where the column is always 100 units tall, and the player is always spawned at the top and then moved down until it hits something.

So... I think you could move the spawnsphere down ~90-95 units, and it would start spawning the players inside of the map.

I did do that before, it didn't work for some reason. I even tried moving it with the mission editor.