Author Topic: Oasis - 2008 Deathmatch Revamp - UPDATED 2/28  (Read 3876 times)

A Trip In History

Many of you may remember years back when Badspot was requesting "Epic Builds For V9" and the community began posting their builds to be included in the official game. In that topic, some of those builds had made it, others did not.

One of those builds that unfortunately didn't make it was made by Marcem (BLID 481) who posted his original Oasis DM. That topic was created in 2008. Now to celebrate the time that has passed, I ended up deciding to take Marcems old save, and revamp it with some of the modern communities new bricks.

What's New

I know for a fact it looks cluttered as forget, but to hell with it. I wanted to try out the foliage pack. What I did do, was expand the map by roughly 150%. I added in some new areas (tunnels, new buildings) and with the expansion added balance to the map and all of its locations. Every main location on the map has advantages and disadvantages. Locations that have a better birds eye view, have very little cover. Lower locations that don't have a good view, have large amounts of cover. Even better, is the map is made to work either as a DM with its straightforward design or a TDM / CTF. Even Bounty Hunter would be enjoyable on this map. I do plan on hosting many events on this map over the next couple weeks.

Now onto the pictures. (idc that i have the paintcan and stuff on the screen)

The Original Build - Circa 2008

The Updated Map - Circa its loving new

To Wrippity Wrap It Up

It was a basic feat. It took a grand total of maybe two hours to do, and as previously mentioned was done mostly to test the new foliage pack out and enjoy a small nostalgia trip. With that being said, feel free to leave constructive criticism, I won't change anything because I don't have the time, but I know you guys like to talk. Once more, base build credit goes to Marcem who made the original map in 2008. He hasn't been active since 2015, Cthulhu bless his soul.

I will host stuff on this map, mostly the aforementioned gamemodes such as DM, TDM, CTF, Elimination and Bounty Hunter. I will post server info on General once I actually get my stuff together and make a topic.

enjoy

love, aplem

all updates are separate posts
forget you
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 05:26:25 PM by Aplem »

oh wow i remember that
this remaster is amazing

damn bro this is awesome to see!! i remember playing a huge dm on this way back then. i approve  :cookie:

a bit overuse of the vines, but other than that its not actually all that cluttered. remaster looks really really good.

blockland ultra settings

Hate the walls. Rest of the build looks great!

Man that foliage adds a lot to the build. The green really pops.

thats a very very nice map! Remind me of ac origins, well done!

Hate the walls.

That was possibly the only thing I was looking at changing. I was gonna do more of a "canyon" style wall around the perimeter and tie the buildings into it.

Thanks everyone else for taking a trip down memory lane with me lol.

Its like the 2008 version is Counter Strike Source, and the Updated one is CSGO!

UPDATE 2/28

- i made actual walls that (while repetitive) look better than cubes
- ate some ass
- sucked some richard
- balanced the map a bit more with object placement

here are some pictures

i hope you enjoyed this weeks installment of Update Daily

tune in next week to see gary busey commit sudoku

This map is loving beautiful. Only criticism is that there needs to be probably a statue in the center or something to act as mid-lane cover against snipers