Author Topic: Does anyone here know how to rig models to source engine?  (Read 725 times)

I've been going around a lot of places recently trying to ask if anyone can help give me a guide or some sort of direction into rigging a .obj model (that has no skeleton) to source so it can be ported to Garry's mod (as a ragdoll). I just can't find any tutorials on this at all and I have no idea how to do it, does anyone here know how to rig? if so help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

You just need a tutorial on how to rig models in Blender in general, and then apply that knowledge to rigging a model to the Valve skeleton

Or if you're not making a character model, props (or ragdolled props) can have any sort of naming convention for their skeleton

Once you learn how to rig models in general, i can help you set up the files to be compiled

You just need a tutorial on how to rig models in Blender in general, and then apply that knowledge to rigging a model to the Valve skeleton

Or if you're not making a character model, props (or ragdolled props) can have any sort of naming convention for their skeleton

Once you learn how to rig models in general, i can help you set up the files to be compiled
can it be any skeleton in blender? do you know any good tutorials on it?

You also need some plugins for blender that can export the files into the necessary format.

I don't know any off-hand, sorry, but Youtube, and Facepunch should have some useful tutorials

And yes, it can be any skeleton if you're just making props or ragdolls

You also need some plugins for blender that can export the files into the necessary format.
Yes, you'll need the Blender Source Tools, but first you should learn the basics of setting up a model before you just jump right into things

Okay I'll set everything up when I have the time then get back to this thread