Author Topic: Static Maps loving up and having a weird glitch for me  (Read 736 times)

I don't know if i'm doing something wrong. Whenever I put a static map (e.x. Map_Kitchen) in my add-ons folder in Blockland, and have System_StaticMaps also in the folder, and have both of those add-ons enabled in game, the static map is already there, like it had been loaded before I spawned. When I check the Static maps list in the Environment menu, it says that there is none, even though I already installed one. What is going on here? Did I do something wrong?

(Sorry if this sounded confusing)

System_StaticMaps only functions with static maps that were specifically coded to function in its guidelines. Tendon, for example, decided not to do this and so Map_Kitchen is simply loaded automatically when you start the game instead, as it is not built with support for System_StaticMaps.

I honestly think it's a disappointment that people are choosing not to use the System_StaticMaps framework however, as it makes loading static maps much simpler and easier for players on a server. Without it, you have to manually restart the entire server just to change the map or simply remove it. Pretty stupid.