have some html/css/whatever questions

Author Topic: have some html/css/whatever questions  (Read 788 times)

i just made a site mainly with bootstrap 4 and i'm trying to do 2 things for the convenience of it.

just to give you an idea of what it is, here's a screenshot of it:

i have an affixed sidebar at col-md-2 and col-md-10 for the main section, and is also scaled so for smaller and larger devices.

whenever the pages load, the stuff in the sidebar briefly changes to plaintext, but it's still noticeable. is there a way to preload the sidebar or at least make it load faster?

2nd question, is there a way i can use one entire section of <style> within multiple files w/o actually typing in all of the stuff? i've seen this done before but i have no clue what to do or what to look for on google to find out how.

thanks

whenever the pages load, the stuff in the sidebar briefly changes to plaintext, but it's still noticeable. is there a way to preload the sidebar or at least make it load faster?
you mean the twitter thing? I suppose it depends on how you're loading it. if it's an iframe, there's not really anything you can do about it. but I'm not sure why it would ever show up as "plaintext" (or in fact what you mean by that), regardless
2nd question, is there a way i can use one entire section of <style> within multiple files w/o actually typing in all of the stuff? i've seen this done before but i have no clue what to do or what to look for on google to find out how.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but if you mean what I think you mean, you can make a file named something like "style.css" with your CSS in it, then load it in your HTML files like this:
<link href="style.css" rel="stylesheet">
...which you should already be doing with the bootstrap files. so you might already know that. in which case, yeah, I don't know what you're asking

you mean the twitter thing? I suppose it depends on how you're loading it. if it's an iframe, there's not really anything you can do about it. but I'm not sure why it would ever show up as "plaintext" (or in fact what you mean by that), regardlessI'm not exactly sure what you mean, but if you mean what I think you mean, you can make a file named something like "style.css" with your CSS in it, then load it in your HTML files like this:
<link href="style.css" rel="stylesheet">
...which you should already be doing with the bootstrap files. so you might already know that. in which case, yeah, I don't know what you're asking

Yeah that’s what I meant. Thanks. Also the Twitter sidebar is an iframe.

working with the official twitter embedded timelines thing? the css for that is loaded from inside the iframe iirc, off their site so i dont think you can change it to a local one, not without some javascript blackmagickery or something similar

sounds strange that it would take so long to load a simple stylesheet to show up as just plaintext even for a moment, are you sure it's not just your internet connection that's slow?

for css you just plant the bomb

working with the official twitter embedded timelines thing? the css for that is loaded from inside the iframe iirc, off their site so i dont think you can change it to a local one, not without some javascript blackmagickery or something similar

sounds strange that it would take so long to load a simple stylesheet to show up as just plaintext even for a moment, are you sure it's not just your internet connection that's slow?

Positive.