7 (46.7%)
Only as NPCs.
1 (6.7%)
No.
0 (0%)
I don't care either way.
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Colonial Dysfunction [1.25 Days Until Arrival | Malfunctions]  (Read 13840 times)

"I imagine that I would have gotten something about it," He holds up his watch, "seeing that this ship's notification systems are autonomous."

"I'll check it out later. Right now, we have over 70 thousand still frozen and that malfunction may take their lives."

"The thing is, constable, if we're the first out, there's no problem, and a lot could happen in 380 years."

Bill turns again and exits the conference hall, heading for the empty, now-arriving C-Trams. He takes a data pad out of his pocket and begins pushing digital buttons on the screen, occasionally eyeing the nearest tram coming in.

Jack takes out his own datapad, checking on his flight plan for today.

There are no flight plans on Jack's schedule. The Nomad is still moving much to fast, anyways.

He always thought that was a dumb feature. Why would it need a speed inhibitor? Speed in this situation is irrelevant since if I undock a ship, I can hover around the ship just fine! We're not on planet-- Are we?, He stops that train of thought and looks over to Bill. "Hey, is there any chance we're already in Orbit with Vos? All my flight plans are canceled due to the... speed of the Nomad." Just as he says that, he tries to check the Nomad's path towards Vos, if he has the access to it.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 09:38:43 PM by Agent Legit 22 »

Bill continues pressing buttons on his pad. The other teams, save for the one ahead of him, depart.

"Nope... We arrive tomorrow."

He types a bit on his pad and then presses a final button. The tram chimes and an automated voice speaks, "Manual override active." His datapad speaks back as well, "You have control."

"C'mon, let's go."

Jack, remembering what a ship can do in Space when the pilot takes the stick without SAS support, decides to hang onto a hand-rail.

"Just make sure this thing doesn't slam into the wall of the next stop." He says to Bill.

Bobby soon catches up to them
"Told you so, now lets go back to the conference room pal"

Jack looks back to the automaton, "No ones there, why do we need to go back?"

Jack, remembering what a ship can do in Space when the pilot takes the stick without SAS support, decides to hang onto a hand-rail.

"Just make sure this thing doesn't slam into the wall of the next stop." He says to Bill.
"It won't."

Bobby soon catches up to them
"Told you so, now lets go back to the conference room pal"
Why did I have to run into this insufferable control freek? Bill lets out a forced sigh and clears his throat, "Not happening. As far as I can see, unless there's any other engineer here," he spreads his arms, turning and looking around at the few gathered in the room, before his gaze snaps back to the bot, "which there is not," his hands fall to his sides, "then that makes me Acting CET."

Bill boards the tram with Jack.

"Whadd'ia think happened, Bill?" Jack asks, "Could the program forget up somehow and put the cryopods into some sort of timed release?", Jack took a seat on one of the tram benches.

"I don't know. That's why I want to take a look. I want to check the engine as well."

Jack nods, and looks down at his datapad. He looks at the speed limitation thoughtfully. It could be that I'm overlooking it... But... Jack searches in his datapad for a camera of outer space, trying to see if they're in some sort of atmosphere or something that could justify the speed limitation.

Bill starts the tram using his controller. With a jolt, it starts and heads toward the other station.

Jack's datapad shows his assigned craft, a VA-15 "Hammer". Speed limitations are just short of Mach 2, but his jet is an air-breathing ground assault jet.

Fortunately, there is a set of cameras that the science team installed for everyone's viewing pleasure. He links in. Cameras 1 & 2 display the front if the ship, 3 shows the ventral side, 4 shows the dorsal side. 5 & 6 show the left lateral, 7 & 8 show the right lateral. 9 shows the rear. The previews load up.

1 & 2 display the forward-facing thrusters doing their job to show the trip. 3-7 show the ship is still moving through space at some fraction of a speed of light, but the light of a the star Vos is supposed to orbit is on cameras 1 & 2. Cameras 8 & 9 are displaying static.

Jack tilts his head in confusion at cameras eight and nine being in static. "Hey Bill, look at this.", Jack displays the datapad to him and switches to cameras eight and nine. "Do you have any explaination?"

"Hang on. Trying to not crash into a wall," Bill says sarcastically, stopping the tram with a mild jolt at the other station."

"Okay lemme see..." He takes the data pad from Jack. "Hm. We'll take a look later. One thing at a time."