Oklahoma Teacher Strike

Author Topic: Oklahoma Teacher Strike  (Read 1855 times)

It's the route Florida has taken. They're putting millions into better counseling and mental aid programs, but many millions more into arming teachers, and getting more cops on campus.
lol my county is killing public school funding and putting 99% of the school funding into private schools
teachers litterally have to ask students to get resources for the classes

lol my county is killing public school funding and putting 99% of the school funding into private schools
teachers litterally have to ask students to get resources for the classes
i dont think you understand what a private school is

i dont think you understand what a private school is
as in funding for building more and putting money in for electives for them

They should invest in arming and training select administration to prevent further tragedies in any and all schools.
You mean like sheriff's deputies? :^)

You mean like sheriff's deputies? :^)
I mean like, ya know, arm that gym teacher who acts like a rejected drill Sargent that is standard at every school.

as in funding for building more and putting money in for electives for them
Private schools get no funding from the government. They are privately owned.

I mean like, ya know, arm that gym teacher who acts like a rejected drill Sargent that is standard at every school.
I have other issues with the idea of cops in schools (and even more with untrained, armed civilians in schools), but that's actually secondary to the bigger issue.

How is this really going to stop someone from killing a ton of kids? A kid pulls out his gun in the middle of class, darts in front of the door, and just guns down everyone in the room. Even if he only kills like half of his 20-person class, that's still more-or-less the same number of fatalities as the average school shooting.

And sure, the rejected drill sergeant will come and cap the shooter, but that's minutes later after everyone's dead. So unless there's literally no other solution upstream of the shooting which we can address, this sounds pretty stuffty and ineffectual as a solution.

Private schools get no funding from the government. They are privately owned.
They pay for vouchers, which go to the school. So, yea they actually do.

then it isnt a private school