best friend completely shut off himself from others

Author Topic: best friend completely shut off himself from others  (Read 867 times)

so i have this friend we’ve been hanging out for the past 2 months now, he’s the kinda of guy who takes things too seriously and too literally. i like that trait of his
recently he just shut off just me but everyone else he was talking regularly. I’m assuming this is the ‘detention’ my homeroom teacher was talking about that my best friend was giving me. I just felt he was somewhat angry on me at the last period of that day since he just got ticked off when I talked to him and moved away, doesn't respond to the teacher now.

this happened yesterday, another friend of his told me this happened before and he should be fine today, which wasn't exactly the case. this time he completely shut off to everyone. Now he's just completely avoiding me and some of his other friends. The same friend who told he would be alright witnessed him throwing some object at a guy today.

might be weird asking the community for ideas and support and may seem out of character but I just ask for a little bit of seriousness since I'm genuinely worried about him. He completely blacked out his Instagram, removing his pfp and posts, left our chats and stopped communicating overall.

Between today and yesterday late at night, the last message he posted was a skit of a mother acting with her son vs with her friends, and a few days before that I recall meeting his mother in person, but at that time he was 100% normal.

there's a lot of missing holes in the situation rn so I need a few strategies dealing with a situation like this.

Between today and yesterday late at night, the last message he posted was a skit of a mother acting with her son vs with her friends, and a few days before that I recall meeting his mother in person, but at that time he was 100% normal.
what do u mean by skit

he probably means like a mini play
ot: if you can, talk to him and find out what's wrong and if he is having problems with anything. maybe try and help him out if hes having school trouble or something

ot: if you can, talk to him and find out what's wrong and if he is having problems with anything. maybe try and help him out if hes having school trouble or something
I occasionally try to go and talk to him but once he sees I'm near he just dashes away full 'walking' speed.
He just avoids everyone like I said.

I mean you can at least try to find out what's wrong, even if he walks away. Maybe let a school counselor know you might be concerned for him.

this happened to me before. last year actually

some people just need to focus on themselves, but they can do that without being an ass about it. try as much as you can to talk it out and see whats up. other than that drop his ass because at that point its just extra and they clearly arent putting in mutual effort to sustain a relationship.

trust me its not worth it after a certain point