Ski lift malfunction in georgia

Author Topic: Ski lift malfunction in georgia  (Read 1782 times)

We need to ban automatic ski lifts.

It's his own fault.

Everyone there was telling him to loving jump.
so it's not the fault of the ski lift?

it's extra crazy because if you look at the direction of the seats you can see that this thing was travelling backwards in addition to going ridiculously fast

as far as I know ski lifts never go backwards ever

so it's not the fault of the ski lift?

Are you putting words in my mouth?

I'm saying it's his fault for not jumping off when 20+ screaming people are warning him to jump off.

of course the ski lift is at fault for orchestrating the event but red jacket was too dumb to jump. It's his own fault he got hurt.

it's extra crazy because if you look at the direction of the seats you can see that this thing was travelling backwards in addition to going ridiculously fast

as far as I know ski lifts never go backwards ever
its called a rollback, its when every brake on the lift fails at once and gravity just like, takes over man
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 11:19:07 PM by Aide33 »

its called a rollback, its when every brake on the lift fails at once and gravity just like, takes over man

Especially since the one side is loaded with people and the other isn't.  There should be a giant weight that you pull a pin on and slams a clamp shut on the cable.  It isn't really safe either since it supposed to cause the lift to stop instantly, it's more for if you lose all ability to power the lift and want to stop a rollback from happening.

But for a rollback like that to happen no regular maintenance had been done for a while.