[Vehicle] Technical / Heavy Machine Gun - Sound Update

Author Topic: [Vehicle] Technical / Heavy Machine Gun - Sound Update  (Read 16367 times)

Can you please add different sounds aside from the default gun sounds? It's really underwhelming to hop on a Dshk or M2 only to hear a gun sound from some old black and white movie. I tried doing it myself, but only succeeded in creating totally silenced machine guns :P

actually its a stock sound effect which was also used in doom 64

Can you please add different sounds aside from the default gun sounds? It's really underwhelming to hop on a Dshk or M2 only to hear a gun sound from some old black and white movie. I tried doing it myself, but only succeeded in creating totally silenced machine guns :P

The reason I prefer to use default sounds is because people don't have to download them, which not only reduces load time for the server, but ensures that people who don't download sounds hear something as well. I don't have anything against custom gun sounds though, I just wish there were more default ones. I may update this add-on soon with some new features, but for now you can try this:

1. Put the desired sound in the same folder as Vehicle_DSHK.cs
2. Open Vehicle_DSHK.cs
3. Add this to the top of the file:
datablock AudioProfile(DSHKShotSound)
{
   filename    = "./name of your sound here.wav";
   description = AudioDefault3d;
   preload = true;
};
4. Go to line 523, and look for %sound = gunShot1Sound;
5. Change it to %sound = DSHKShotSound;

That should probably work lol. Make sure your .wav is mono or it'll be weird

I may update this add-on soon with some new features
eblic

New update today:

- New weapon sound from Insurgency
- Works with Event_PlayPitchedSound. If you have this installed and enabled, HMGs will be played with a random pitch each time they are fired.
- HMGs can now be heard from very far away, far away players will hear a different sound than players who hear the sound up close.

New prefs:
$Pref::Technical::FireSound - The sound datablock the HMG will play when fired. Default technicalMGFireSound. Change this to gunshot1sound for the old, default gun sound.
$Pref::Technical::DistantFireSound - The sound datablock players will hear when they are far away from the HMG. Default technicalMGDistantFireSound
$Pref::Technical::PitchFireSound - True/False, enables or disables random pitching of weapon sounds (must have Event_PlayPitchedSound in order for this to work)
$Pref::Technical::DistantFireSoundEnabled - True/False, enables or disables the distant sound effect
$Pref::Technical::PitchFireSoundMinimum - Percentage value for how low the fire sound can be pitched. Default 70
$Pref::Technical::PitchFireSoundMaximum - Percentage for how high the fire sound can be pitched. Default 105

Download
https://leopard.hosting/dl/jwtff/Vehicle_Technical.zip

Thanks for the update, I’ve been using the machine gun turret in my latest build and it’s such a great fit.

The reason I prefer to use default sounds is because people don't have to download them, which not only reduces load time for the server, but ensures that people who don't download sounds hear something as well. I don't have anything against custom gun sounds though, I just wish there were more default ones. I may update this add-on soon with some new features, but for now you can try this:

1. Put the desired sound in the same folder as Vehicle_DSHK.cs
2. Open Vehicle_DSHK.cs
3. Add this to the top of the file:
datablock AudioProfile(DSHKShotSound)
{
   filename    = "./name of your sound here.wav";
   description = AudioDefault3d;
   preload = true;
};
4. Go to line 523, and look for %sound = gunShot1Sound;
5. Change it to %sound = DSHKShotSound;

That should probably work lol. Make sure your .wav is mono or it'll be weird

thanks! ill give it a whirl :)

Im really tempted to make the railcar from Metro 2033 with this
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 07:02:26 PM by Mr Unicode »

thanks! ill give it a whirl :)

That method isn't necessary in the latest version, just replace rpk_fp.wav in the sound folder with the sound you want.