Playable Instruments

Author Topic: Playable Instruments  (Read 34720 times)

whenever i load a song from my server, it wont let me play it unless i change something in the song phrase section (like delete or add a phrase). but when i load a song from my local files, it lets me play it.

Thanks for letting me know; I'll check it out when I can.  A few other bugs came up when I released this, so I'll try to fix them all sometime soon.

I kind of have to focus on life stuff right now so I don't have time to work on this unfortunately.

when do we get a dl for a bunch of songs :(

Will there be midi input support?

this doesn't support flac so it's garbage

there is one
correction: there used to be
until it gets fixed to support the new layout there ain't any

I wish there was a way to play these without the client

Something like /playSong [Name] for simple use of the instruments for people who haven't downloaded the client. Anyways, this is really cool.

I wish there was a way to play these without the client

Something like /playSong [Name] for simple use of the instruments for people who haven't downloaded the client. Anyways, this is really cool.
that's how it used to be, but you couldn't use it as well as you can with the client. having a version without the client honestly just makes it harder for the people trying to do it without the client just because they don't want to download something, when in reality it'd be 100x easier

on the other hand, there should be a thing where when you do "/instruments" or commands like it, it'd give you a link to this thread

that's how it used to be, but you couldn't use it as well as you can with the client. having a version without the client honestly just makes it harder for the people trying to do it without the client just because they don't want to download something, when in reality it'd be 100x easier

on the other hand, there should be a thing where when you do "/instruments" or commands like it, it'd give you a link to this thread
But wouldn't it be better for people joining the server who don't have the mod to be able to at least play the instruments partially vs not at all? It's like having a mod that uses RTB/Glass prefs but no /commands for admins: they'd need RTB/Glass to modify them!

I agree yeah it's just easier to install the mod but compatibility among players should be a priority too

But wouldn't it be better for people joining the server who don't have the mod to be able to at least play the instruments partially vs not at all? It's like having a mod that uses RTB/Glass prefs but no /commands for admins: they'd need RTB/Glass to modify them!

I agree yeah it's just easier to install the mod but compatibility among players should be a priority too
it would be seriously gimped. theres a ton of features and chat messages cant hold or show all the notes available or phrases of 20 or so notes. on top of that, they’d have to refer to an outside guide anyways to figure out how to play, and at that point you might as well enforce installing the client mod.

and really, as far as ive seen, nobody complains. they realize instruments are complicated and accept the fact that to use it well they need the mod.

What happened to being able to form bands

electrk is busy irl and he tied this mod up as quickly as possible so people dont have to keep waiting

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee