[Server] Blood/Gore (Performance issue fixed)

Author Topic: [Server] Blood/Gore (Performance issue fixed)  (Read 15106 times)

ok i found out its only for defaults?'

Not sure what you mean. Glass prefs probably use the exact same method I just described, but with a UI.

and it dont work with conans dueling weps!! this is like perfect for it!

Yeah those weps are raycast-damage based and this is projectile based. You could patch it by adding this line:
%hit.RBloodSimulate(%pos, %attackVec, swordProjectile, 1, 1);
to line 609 in swordBot.cs in his weapon pack.

I'll just make an update that has a non-handicapped way to do this tbh

Not as modular as it should be, sorry. But imo patching specific packs is probably easier than rewriting the whole thing to work with Armor::Damage which is a pain in the ass imo
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 02:08:45 PM by Rally »

rally i got 2 questions for you

But imo patching specific packs is probably easier than rewriting the whole thing to work with Armor::Damage which is a pain in the ass imo
i feel like a majority of weapons use Armor::Damage

ive never loved gore more

Yeaaahhhh forget it I'll rewrite it for Armor::Damage tomorrow my university projects can wait. Last update would've massively simplified the process anyway.

EDIT: The only problem with it is that Armor::Damage is ambiguous as stuff. %sourceObject could be basically anything from a player to a projectile. %position could be accurate or somewhere on the moon. None of this plays well with the locational damage system. No matter how I hack it, someone's add-ons are still going to have to be patched, so for now I'd rather just sit on it and patch individual packs lol. It should be pretty easy, in reality, the whole system is called via a single function.

rally i got 2 questions for you

Well I have two answers for you
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 02:36:21 PM by Rally »

Bloody hell, this add-on looks goregeous!

im pretty sure aebaadcode just had access to the mod, i was on his server and it looked exactly the same
he made his own version and
it isn't really that well polished lol

The only problem with it is that Armor::Damage is ambiguous as stuff. %sourceObject could be basically anything from a player to a projectile.
%sourceObject could be a projectile so get the name ?

gang violence is common in todays blockland world :unamused:
i can finally have blood splash on players w/o jack noirs stupid melee anims
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 04:54:31 PM by badguy098 »

really cool stuff man, i tried to make my own dismemberment mod but damn this is way more advanced and unlike my version actually works lol
also

cough https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=299089.0 cough

really cool stuff man, i tried to make my own dismemberment mod but damn this is way more advanced and unlike my version actually works lol
also

cough https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=299089.0 cough

isn't this actually possible or (referring to picture)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 05:55:02 PM by badguy098 »

holy stuff this is nice

downloading immedietly

nobody noticed my puns.

i am sad.

%sourceObject could be a projectile so get the name ?

%sourceObject being a projectile is the best case scenario. If it’s not, I’m left guessing, there’s no way to determine vector or details about the projectile like whether or not it’s supposed to be melee or a gun. The assumptions just pile up thereafter. At most I’d be able to implement partial-half assed support for raycasting weapon packs, but even then, there’s no guarantee it will work unless the creator of the weapon pack has called player.damage with specific arguments that actually support my blood mod.

For example, Conan’s dueling weapons call armor::damage with an undefined position argument. There’s nothing wrong with this, because blockland doesn’t care and there’s no real reason he needs to care. But when it gets to my mod, the system is going to plug in “0 0 0” as the hit position thinking it’s where the collision between the player and the damage source happened, meaning you’d see particles spawning at the origin and not where you hit the player, and it would also only ever bloody your feet, since the origin is on the ground.

Compare all these weird hacks and work arounds to adding a single line of code in somewhere and fixing it entirely. You could probably even just package it as a new add-on.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 03:18:12 AM by Rally »