Tomb Raider film

Author Topic: Tomb Raider film  (Read 1727 times)

the new ones are objectively better.

You are objectively wrong

ratchet and clank movie was one of the most disappointing video game films. i didn't see it because i read of what a disaster it was.

a ton of fans like me were hoping it'd appeal to the original audience (who were now young adults/teenagers) and bring a serious story with lots of comedy and drama, retelling the original ratchet and clank game's plotline, but instead we got a gimmicky dreamworks-tier cringefest tailored toward small children. i refuse to watch it.

ratchet and clank movie was one of the most disappointing video game films. i didn't see it because i read of what a disaster it was.

a ton of fans like me were hoping it'd appeal to the original audience (who were now young adults/teenagers) and bring a serious story with lots of comedy and drama, retelling the original ratchet and clank game's plotline, but instead we got a gimmicky dreamworks-tier cringefest tailored toward small children. i refuse to watch it.

But isn't the original game tailored to small children?

It's rated E for everyone.

I think kids who grew up to become teens/adults don't want to admit they are getting too old for their favorite kid shows/games.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 08:31:13 PM by King Tøny »

breaking olds: animated movie based off of a children's video game is aimed at kids

If you were to tell me a game series like Conker's Bad Furday (Rated M) was changed to a more child friendly series then maybe you would be onto something.

But you're telling me an E rated Ratchet and Clank series is still E rated.  :cookieMonster:

But isn't the original game tailored to small children?

It's rated E for everyone.
no it's not.

the original ratchet and clank was rated T for teen.

breaking olds: animated movie based off of a children's video game is aimed at kids
except most kids today don't even know what ratchet and clank is. the generation that by and large grew up playing ratchet and clank games is young adults now.

this lack of understanding of the best target audience to reach on the filmmaking team's part can be indirectly reflected in the fact that the film was a total box office failure. the people who would have been genuinely interested in seeing this film didn't go to see it because of how childish it was.

try playing the original game and compare it to the film. the game is far more mature and takes itself far more seriously than the ratchet and clank movie does.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 11:24:35 PM by Planr »

Ya, the Ratchet & Clank film was awful. As both an adaptation and film it was terrible.

We did it guys--we got a good video game movie. A new era has begun.
false - we already got scott pilgrim vs the world which loving rules

I don't see how the ratchet and clank movie would flop.

It wasn't a live action film.

It looked like the game.

It was voiced by the actual voice actors.

no it's not.

the original ratchet and clank was rated T for teen.

Rated T games are still baby games.

Come back to me after you play HATRED and Manhunt.

false - we already got scott pilgrim vs the world which loving rules
that movie is based off a comic. the videogame came later

that movie is based off a comic. the videogame came later

To be fair comic book movies are just as bad.

They only sell well because of hype alone.