Author Topic: [Server] Blood/Gore (Performance issue fixed)  (Read 14831 times)

So do I need to clear decals like I would with the gore mod used in most murder mystery servers, or do these decals clear themselves after a certain amount of time? (if they do can you tell me if the time is editable)

So do I need to clear decals like I would with the gore mod used in most murder mystery servers, or do these decals clear themselves after a certain amount of time? (if they do can you tell me if the time is editable)

They fade out and then disappear over a set time, no need to manually clear them. You can change the amount of time with the pref $Pref::RBloodMod::BloodFadeTime, which is set to 15000 by default. For example if you wanted to set it to 5 seconds, you'd just type this in console:
Code: [Select]
$Pref::RBloodMod::BloodFadeTime = 5000;

They fade out and then disappear over a set time, no need to manually clear them. You can change the amount of time with the pref $Pref::RBloodMod::BloodFadeTime, which is set to 15000 by default. For example if you wanted to set it to 5 seconds, you'd just type this in console:
Code: [Select]
$Pref::RBloodMod::BloodFadeTime = 5000;
Oh thats good, but instead of a console command can I just edit it in the server settings menu?

Not at the moment, but keep in mind that any $Pref variable will be saved/remain persistent when Blockland closes, so it does the same job as Glass/RTB prefs

not as a dismissal but genuinely asking how many gore mods are we on at this point
I feel like it hovers around 6 as a conservative estimate, and 8 at the extreme.

Thanks to jackrobbman I think I may of fully solved the compounding frame drop issue, so major shout-out to him.

The issue was caused by smallBloodEmitter's lifetimeVarianceMS field being set higher than it's lifetimeMS field, which seemed to be causing the particles to be hanging around for an infinite amount of time. I'll push an update later tonight hopefully along with some other optimizations.

New update

https://leopard.hosting/dl/kykyr/Server_RBlood.zip

- Fixed FPS issue, your server will no longer become laggier over time
- System now does some performance checks when creating effects, will skip effects if too many are present at the same time
- Now a max blood puddle value, default 350, if this limit is reached the system won't create any more static shapes for blood puddles until we get below this value again
- Limb reddening splash system will time out after 33ms, preventing lag when trying to splash many players with blood at the same time
- Fixed some dumb errors I made in Armor::Damage causing the system to think all damage was occurring at the origin

New prefs:
$Pref::RBloodMod::MaxPuddles - The maximum amount of blood static shapes that are allowed at a time (default 350)
$Pref::RBloodMod::PerformanceBloodCap - The maximum amount of blood impact effects that can be created in a 50ms window (default 20)
$Pref::RBloodMod::PerformanceGibCap - The maximum amount of body gib explosions that can occur within a 1 second window (default 5)

You can increase these values to huge numbers if you want to circumvent the system entirely, and it'll just act like it did before this update (just without the bad particle effects that pwn your FPS). When tested with blowing up 64 bots at the same time, I experienced a small stutter but pretty much no drop in FPS, albeit with some ghosting lag (which is to be expected)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 08:46:38 PM by Rally »

Sorry for the late reply man. Found out that the issue is actually caused by the Vehicle-Gore add-on. Once I un-ticked it, the issue stopped. Sorry, and thanks for the polish regardless.  :cookie:

Lol well you tipped me off to the actual problem somehow anyway so ty