Author Topic: my college's residential living office is a huge loving joke  (Read 1322 times)

so what? having a place to live and do your work is pretty important especially since its college
yes it is, but mistakes happen and someone has to draw the short straw. It's a shame that OP is in this predicament but getting unreasonably angry about something will rarely, if ever change the outcome, especially when the outcome has yet to be decided. Sometimes it's best to sit back and wait it out before getting up in arms over it.

I'm angry because the same loving thing happened last year too, and the last time it happened it took about three or four weeks to unforget it
keep in mind this is all happening while I'm trying to schedule classes for next semester AND bring my grades up in this semester AND find a summer job
this was supposed to be something you just do and then forget about until the summer, but no I gotta deal with more stuff because I didn't have enough stuff on my plate already

yes it is, but mistakes happen and someone has to draw the short straw. It's a shame that OP is in this predicament but getting unreasonably angry about something will rarely, if ever change the outcome, especially when the outcome has yet to be decided. Sometimes it's best to sit back and wait it out before getting up in arms over it.
the problem is that it is recurring which it shouldn't be
he's allowed to be upset-sure it won't change anything but telling him to calm down won't change it either

sounds to me like the university needs to get their stuff together

I know a lot of universities will ask when you're registering if you want a dorm or if you're gonna live off-campus and some it's just a requirement to stay on-campus for x amount of semesters.
However, we do not know OP's situation on that and I could just be going all up in arms but whatever right

I don't have a car and off-campus housing doesn't usually have air conditioning, so it's going to be a ton of garbage unless I get a room in one of the dorms
I understand where you're coming from with this, but honestly, you can make off campus housing work easily at most universities. It's usually cheaper too (at the cost of some amenities, like A/C, but cheaper nonetheless)... so you have the ability to afford a nice ass fan, bike/bus pass etc. for non-walkable distances if need be.

I guess the thing about it is, if you got forgeted two years in a row, what's going to stop you from getting forgeted the third time? It's clear that you moving up in class didn't have any effect on whether or not you got forgeted, so IMO it's better to think long term if that's even possible at this point and find something that makes you independent of forget-ups like this. Where do you go to school that A/C is so valuable..?

For context, i go to a school where you don't get on campus housing after freshman year and you can kinda get honey richarded but honestly it helps you learn to navigate the real world once you're out of college. At some point you're gonna have to be looking for a housing situation while keeping up your grades and applying for jobs (and as a junior that's not that far away...) so you may as well start figuring out how to do it now.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ just my two cents