Dark Souls remaster footage (network testing)

Author Topic: Dark Souls remaster footage (network testing)  (Read 4238 times)

« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 05:52:22 PM by Tactical Nuke »

i loving called it

lighting makes everything much nicer to look at but still isnt anything mindblowing

if you have dark souls 1 already theres legit no reason to pick this up, get the new monster hunter or something
dont even say you want to experience the dark souls 1 multiplayer cuz that stuff is a dumpster fire

This pretty much just a port that looks a little bit better in some areas with the lighting.

Only reason I would anyone picking it up is if they want to play it on the Switch or only play on consoles and want to play the game at 60fps.

Why are you lot pissed about this? Like what did you expect?

Can guarantee if they changed gameplay you’d have sweaty nerds up in arms for tarnishing their perfect game

i loving called it

lighting makes everything much nicer to look at but still isnt anything mindblowing

if you have dark souls 1 already theres legit no reason to pick this up, get the new monster hunter or something
dont even say you want to experience the dark souls 1 multiplayer cuz that stuff is a dumpster fire
the remaster will have increased players connected at once and will have dedicated servers for online stuff. P2P connections were the reason you could lagstab in DS1.
Online play in general is getting quality of life updates with password matchmaking, with the soul level matching mechanic from DS3
PVP is getting a quality of life updating by preventing the use of any healing items besides estus as an invading phantom, and phantoms will have their number of estus halved.

I do wish they had done more with the lighting. All I can see is that they toned down the extremely shiny reflections and improved some minor effects like fire. I also think they should've taken the UI and made it less bulky and obnoxious, kind of like DS3.
If this remaster's online play is executed well, I think it'll create a split between DS3 and DSR pvp. Maybe OnlyAfro will come back?

Why are you lot pissed about this? Like what did you expect?

Can guarantee if they changed gameplay you’d have sweaty nerds up in arms for tarnishing their perfect game

I expected graphics on par with the promotional footage

dark souls 3 looks better even though it came out a few years ago

That would be a valid complaint though

Why change how the game plays in a remaster? It's a remaster, not a remake

Like, i'm fairly sure there will be nerds that are "up in arms" for the changes to the gameplay of Final Fantasy 7 in it's remaster

No nerds were up in arms for the remasters of Crash Bandicoot, Halo/Halo 2 nor Shadow of the Colossus, because they remastered the visuals, they didn't remake the gameplay

All they did for this was take the old graphics and add decent lighting effects. There's no cloth physics, no change in texture quality, nothing substantial.

The only reason this game would be worth anyone's money is because like auzman said the online is leagues better and it's on the Switch. Those are the only two reasons. Otherwise you would just stick with Prepare to Die edition and download DSFix.

Keep in mind that this is during the same time period that Crash Bandicoot and Shadow of the Colossus get remastered, and they're both about fifty times better looking than the base game, or even the most recent ports. What they've given us here is worth at least two Crowbcat videos.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 11:12:18 AM by Tactical Nuke »

the devs have probably done a lot more fixing that dsfix ever could.
such as better netcode and bugfixing.
Keep in mind that this is during the same time period that Crash Bandicoot and Shadow of the Colossus get remastered, and they're both about fifty times better looking than the base game, or even the most recent ports. What they've given us here is worth at least two Crowbcat videos.
There's no need to remaster a 2011 game from the ground up. It still looks entirely fine by modern standards.
Also
>worth at least two Crowbcat videos
You're a real assclown, you know that, right?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 11:38:08 AM by Satan From Wreck-It-Ralph »

yeah i thought they were gonna make it look and feel more like DS3

I expected graphics on par with the promotional footage
You're expecting way too much from a remaster. Being a remaster usually just entails the same game at higher resolution at a higher framerate with some minor graphical tweaks maybe.

It became a thing mainly because during the beginning of the generation devs found out now they have the hardware power to make their old games run decently now and they could resell them back because of the lack of back-compat.

As for the Crash N-Sane Trilogy and Shadow of the Colossus those games are remakes made from the ground up. Plain remasters are mainly a quick thing to make and ship out.

i was expecting ds3 gameplay mechanics. kind of disappointed.

they should make the remaster available for already owners of the original like what (2K?) did with Bioshock

They'll probably just offer it for a discount if you own the original, like they did with DS2.

looks exactly as expected, although i wish the art assets got a nicer makeover or the cut content got reintroduced to the game