Dark Souls remaster footage (network testing)

Author Topic: Dark Souls remaster footage (network testing)  (Read 4237 times)

They'll probably just offer it for a discount if you own the original, like they did with DS2.
I thought this was a rumor going around when it was announced and the dev/publishers made a twitter post saying it wouldn't be discounted.

I expected graphics on par with the promotional footage
-snip-
yeah that image was a great trailer, and definitely going to look like the game itself
no other game in existence has ever looked worse than it's box art

I'm personally excited for the new networking features. I came too late to Dark Souls to really enjoy the PvP, and having it portable on Switch is really selling it to me.

such as better netcode
this is from software we're talking about i guarantee it's stuff no matter what they do

it's a from software staple to have the worst online player vs player experience you can imagine

yeah i thought they were gonna make it look and feel more like DS3
i'm personally glad they didn't make the remaster be entirely muted and depressing looking

i really disliked that ds3 had almost no color or saturation within the game, every area just looked so boring in comparison to dark souls 2

ds2 looks better than ds3 because everything isnt loving silver

I wonder if it's still the unoptimized piece of stuff that the original one was? I had to get mods just to make the bullstuff work with keyboard and mouse, no idea how this garbage wasn't removed from the steam store.

I wonder if it's still the unoptimized piece of stuff that the original one was? I had to get mods just to make the bullstuff work with keyboard and mouse, no idea how this garbage wasn't removed from the steam store.
the first rule of dark souls is never play with mouse and keyboard.

with that said, dark souls 1 was their first port job. dark souls 2 and 3 were better by a landslide, though they still apparently had issues with KB&M controls. dark souls remastered ought to be the best version of the game for pc.

Does poise work? If it doesn't then I'm not getting it.

Dark Souls is the new Dark Souls

poise always worked in dark souls 1
although, at the same time, it was broken in a different way

iirc no gameplay mechanics are going to be changed, so poise i guess works

I'd rather play a demon souls remaster.

I'd rather play a demon souls remaster.
That would be cool, but what about an Armored Core: for Answer remaster?

if bed of chaos hasnt changed at all i will kill miyazaki

if bed of chaos hasnt changed at all i will kill miyazaki

it hasn't