Author Topic: setAimLocation  (Read 4260 times)

Rudyman (exidyne) tries to make a name for himself by reposting the hard work of people from the Garage Games forum.  It's pretty pandaing low.  I say develop something unique, show us you can actually code something on your own.  Grow a pair of e-balls and prove that you can actually do something useful, rather than lurking in the shadows, waiting for your chance to insult.
Rudy works on this stuff all the time. I remember talking to rudy about the trig functions for the auto crate breaker (aim bot).

Multiple schedules at once are very laggy, and it won't show any sort of walking animation.
It wasn't supposed to be used, just to show an example of ways to manipulate players.

It wasn't supposed to be useful, it was just showing an example of me being useless.

It wasn't supposed to be useful, it was just showing an example of me being useless.
Thats about 1 and 1/2 inch crossing the line there.

Nah.  It's one thing to post something like this in another topic as a quick reply.  It's entirely different to create a new topic to declare the proper method for performing a task and then to use the provided functions ineffectively.  It's like screaming at everyone to tell them you know what you're talking about even though your t-shirt says "I have no idea what I'm talking about.".

.dso files are encrypted meaning that they are read by blockland.  Normal code files are first translated into .dso before they can be read, blockland just does that in the background.

They aren't encrypted, they are compiled into binary/machine code.

Scripting friends at there best. I'm loving it, only at Mac Donald's.

Encryption is made specifically so that people can't read it, compiling it is changing it to machine code so that the computer can actually run it.

A DSO file isn't binary, it's just in a more readable form for Torque and also serves as a protection mechanism for source code.

They aren't encrypted, they are compiled into binary/machine code.
Woops, thats what I meant.  Though blockland's .dso files are encrypted too, so I was right in a way....

01010011010010000101010101010 10000100000010101010101000000 100000

that is ascII bianary code for you to translate tri

sorry i only know capitals
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 04:26:55 PM by General Omega »

Have you actually tested this?

Because from what I've seen when I tried it, the player's rotation went crazy and it looked in all sorts of directions except for where it's supposed to be aiming for.

I've made a better one that I suppose I'll update into my original post right now...
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 09:11:34 AM by exidyne »