ABANDONED: Undead Text Adventure

Author Topic: ABANDONED: Undead Text Adventure  (Read 1971 times)

WHAT IS THIS?

Abandoned is a collaborative text adventure - it's one of those stuffty forum games where everyone is a voice in our hero's head.
Info will fill this section as the adventure unfolds.

HOW DO I PARTICIPATE?

Simple. Tell the protagonist what he should do- but keep it realistic. Our hero's mental state isn't static, though...
at some points, ludicrous suggestions might end up looking viable to him.

You can also ask the protagonist questions. He might not know the answer, but what he does say may clarify things nevertheless.

PROLOGUE

"Urgh..."

"Where am I?", you wonder. It's pitch black, and deathly quiet. Your head hurts... a lot.
You think you're lying down, belly-up. You put your arm upwards- and it's stopped by something.
...You may be in a box. This... isn't good.

Hitting, yelling, scraping, and shoving seems to have no effect on the walls, even despite your metal gauntlets. They all have a very muted thud sound... as if you've been buried.

Hours go by.

You lose consciousness.

Shnk...

Fffff.

Shnk...

Fffff.

Shnk...

Fffff.

THUD.

You're jolted awake. The box just got hit by something! What should you do?

Knock on the top. Since coffins are not closed, just push it open to see if it is one.

As you're about to knock, you hear the sound of latches being undone, followed by the voice of someone all too keen on hearing their own voice.
"Bloody morticians. These latches are ridiculous. Can't imagine what's inside. Am I gonna get pulled in by some kind of skeletal demon? Hah. Superstitious nonsense, I say."

You push open the top when he undoes the second latch. Alongside what he's said so far, your fears are confirmed. You were buried.
"What the hell?!" shouts the man, as he tumbles backwards in surprise.

After a moment, he orates further:
"Hey... You. Fella-in-the-armor-in-the-coffin-in-the-ground. You're not, uh, gone upstairs, are you?" He points toward his own head as he says 'upstairs'.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 07:09:35 AM by Juncoph »

rediculous lmao

Look at him with a stupid face and say "i what?"

tell him thanks once he opens it
then goto a dumpster
and fap in it
(without anyone seeing obviously lol)

> "Thank goodness I made it out alive. I-" (look around) "Oh no. You're all in danger."

when I read the thread title I thought it meant the game had been abandoned and was titled "undead text adventure"

rediculous lmao

god dammit

You stare at him for a moment, and blankly mutter "Thanks for... wait- I... what?"

He sighs. "Lucky you. You've still got at least one or two marbles left, looks like." He relaxes a bit, and lowers his shovel. "What's your name, eh? Seems you've been a few shuffles under for.... a-hundred-an'-one years, if this headstone's right."

Searching your memory for your name draws flashbacks forward. You audibly mumble "oh no" as you remember the ungodly pain of a javelin-sized arrow smashing through your abdomen. Your abs appear fine, but there is indeed a sizeable puncture left in your armor. Then the realization hits, albeit with its severity muddled by your grogginess: whatever struck you may still be out there.

"You're in dang- wait, wait- one hundred and one years...?"

"Yep, says so on your stone. One-oh-one. But you don't look like a rotted carcass, so I suppose that makes you undead. Didn't realize you lot were still growing in number."

You recall stories of the undead- those afflicted with the curse whose souls are whittled away each time they meet death again. You're well aware of the ramifications: all undead are exiled upon discovery.

After being left completely incredulous, you sit up in your casket with a dumb look on your face. "What... What year is it, then?"

"I asked first," he retorts, "what's your name? Your tombstone's got a big gash across the name, like someone tried forcin' it outta the way with a sh-nevermind that's not important."

You can't seem to actually remember your own name...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 07:10:03 AM by Juncoph »

are you a skeleton

if so dub yourself mr bones

Call yourself Sir John jOhnson of the fifth kingdom

"Jarl Öln of the Third Order"

are you a skeleton

As far as you can tell, you still have all of your flesh.

Failing to recall your name, you decide to create a new one for yourself.

"John Oln."

"John, eh? Alright. Since you're, uh, a bit out of it... why not tag along with me? I just happen to be headed to the local undead settlement. Might have answers for you."