Author Topic: why does my mic have a speaker?  (Read 1062 times)

i bought a samson meteor mic and it has a speaker for some reason:

what is it for? i had to disable it because it kept taking over my monitor speakers.

It might've been Realtek assigning it as a speaker, or speaker/mic combo device or whatever.

that's how the fbi man communicates with you

mics and speakers can be reversed to function as one or the other, due to being made of the same components/principles

op, did you not look at the back of the mic at all?

mics and speakers can be reversed to function as one or the other, due to being made of the same components/principles

WRONG.

It might've been Realtek assigning it as a speaker, or speaker/mic combo device or whatever.

NOPE. (its usb, so on board audio does nothing.)

that's how the fbi man communicates with you

MAYBE.

live monitor output so you don't have to use software OR run a long extension cable to the front or back of your PC.

funny, the live output monitor doesn’t even work lol

it's showing up as a speaker because it has an audio output..

funny, the live output monitor doesn’t even work lol

ya, it's a cheaper mic so it won't AUTOMATICALLY do it. you can however use the "listen to" function on your mic to get a somewhat live monitor.

OTHER THAN THAT, it's just a convenience thing so you don't have to run another cable to another audio device.

ya, it's a cheaper mic so it won't AUTOMATICALLY do it. you can however use the "listen to" function on your mic to get a somewhat live monitor.

OTHER THAN THAT, it's just a convenience thing so you don't have to run another cable to another audio device.

i was just stupid, it works. i was under the impression that the knob on front was a gain knob, but it's a volume knob for the headphone out.

Mine has a live output port which is loving rad

It's not a mic with a speaker

It's a speaker with a mic.