Poll

What do you think about transgenders?

They are sick and inhuman
They're fine. Let them be what they want
I dont know..
im neutral

Author Topic: Blf, what do you think about transgenders?  (Read 26606 times)

aren't terfs like, feminists that don't consider trans women to be women so that they don't deserve the help from feminist movements and stuff

and here i thought feminists could never be right about something

the forget does terf even stand for

the forget does terf even stand for
trans-exclusionary radical feminist

trans-exclusionary radical feminist
that has to be the scariest combination of words i've ever read

oh it means feminists that hate trans people ok that's kinda good

no opinion. thats what they deserve. once you start giving certain people special attention for their differences, you are a dirty communist.

truscum and terfs are not the same thing. truscum means you think you have to experience dysphoria to be transgender. terf means you..... you know, exclude trans people. it makes that pretty clear

tbh some trans people are pretty bad for feminist ideals because the whole purpose of changing your gender is to conform to different gender norms than the one you were born with as your love.

like i have friends irl who were men before and then changed their gender and they act all flamboyant and try to look pretty and at that point its pretty obvious that you're simply hardcoding female gender roles into society even more simply by adopting them. feminists who want to break away from those 'female norms' are now dragged back in by transgenders who try to strengthen those norms thru stereotypical female behavior.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 03:01:20 PM by thegoodperry »

So what your saying is that we should kill all transmissions

So what your saying is that we should kill all transmissions
im not a turf but that sounds fine by me :thumbs up:

tbh some trans people are pretty bad for feminist ideals because the whole purpose of changing your gender is to conform to different gender norms than the one you were born with as your love.

like i have friends who were men before and then changed their gender and they act all flamboyant and try to look pretty and at that point its pretty obvious that you're simply hardcoding female gender roles into society even more simply by adopting them. feminists who want to break away from those 'female norms' are now dragged back in by transgenders who try to strengthen those norms thru stereotypical female behavior.
It's definitely an unfortunate contradiction. But there are a number of things to consider still. Stereotypes don't change overnight, the movement to break away from those stereotypes will take generations regardless of what transgender people are doing. Trans people like conforming to these stereotypes because it makes us feel more secure and blend in. As the stereotypes change we'll mostly just be following suit because that's exactly what we want to do, just blend in with what's considered normal. There aren't enough trans people in the world for us to significantly impact the shift in those stereotypes, so it seems disingenuous to reject us just based on that. By that logic they would have to be pushing out cis people who are content with the present stereotypes. But they obviously won't do that, because that would defeat the purpose of their movement.

I'm really tired excuse me if I didn't formulate this very well

It's definitely an unfortunate contradiction. But there are a number of things to consider still. Stereotypes don't change overnight, the movement to break away from those stereotypes will take generations regardless of what transgender people are doing. Trans people like conforming to these stereotypes because it makes us feel more secure and blend in. As the stereotypes change we'll mostly just be following suit because that's exactly what we want to do, just blend in with what's considered normal. There aren't enough trans people in the world for us to significantly impact the shift in those stereotypes, so it seems disingenuous to reject us just based on that. By that logic they would have to be pushing out cis people who are content with the present stereotypes. But they obviously won't do that, because that would defeat the purpose of their movement.
yea i agree that they aren't making a huge impact on the feminist movement but the feminist movement and the trans movement are slightly conflicted. the issue arises from the priority of gender brown townysis. if a man were to complain about some issue with being a man, it wouldn't have as much merit as a woman complaining about issues associated with being a woman. its just given all the context behind womens rights, that in today's political climate, women problems are viewed as more important and controversial than men's problems

kinda like how white people complaining about a problem is less 'important' to news than black people complaining about a problem.

in a similar way, trans people's complaints and agenda takes slightly higher priority to leftist news than even women's priorities. its not intentional but it just exists in society and the way we process things. as a result, trans people who instill gender norms are incredibly dangerous because their views and plight is more important than those of a woman, especially a woman trying to break away from the norms of being a female

its nobody's fault, obviously it has to do purely with inherent bias, but the problem exists. some feminists support trans people, but quite a few of feminists are at odds with the transgender movement

I just want the movement to allow trans people to feel included amongst cisgendered people. Like not being segregated as this subclass and instead being treated like any other cisgendered person out there. I get that respect is earned, not given, but it really sucks to feel like I'll never be treated, culturally, as a cisgendered woman because of how the movement has been calling trans people to become this special subclass that is excluding themselves from cisgendered people.

probably because feminists are for actual women