5 (16.7%)
Not something I'm fond of.
9 (30%)
Literally why?!
8 (26.7%)
OTHER
1 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: What is BLF's Opinion on "Spirit Week"?  (Read 1770 times)

i didnt know there was a specific week for enjoying spirits, i thought it was frowned upon to get wasted at school or work tho?
Lol I wish.

It seems silly to me but otherwise extremely harmful and nefarious pretty ok

??? spirit week??? ouija boards???

I loved it in high school. It was technically our homecoming week but it was always a lot of fun. We’ve never really had/needed one at OU because our sports are always good. I understand in a work setting it might be a little strange, but the best thing on things like this is to try to embrace it and have fun. You get what what you put into it
had the same experience in hs. just let go of being worried about being judged: when everyone else is doing it, its not something that people will really call you out for joining in.

that said, if you legitimately dont like being carefree about what you do then dont take part. it shouldnt feel mandatory, and maybe absorb the happiness of those participating that are enjoying it

Spirit Week is an entire week where people hold their hands up to give Goku their energy right?

This reminds me of a story. In high school we had a German exchange student named Nora, she was hot as forget but that's beside the point. She saw a student wearing their pajama pants in school and was totally flabbergasted and asked me wtf was wrong with him. I told her how some students will just wear their pajamas if they're being lazy that day or whatever. Apparently in Germany doing that would be a huge insult to the school and they might be sent home for it. neat cultural differences.
at my high school you'd get sent home for wearing pajamas. a dude showed up in matching ralph lauren polo joggers and long sleeve shirt and the deans thought it was pajamas so they made him go home and change