Author Topic: any/all "images" in chat cause it do space out?  (Read 1175 times)

This image explains it all, whether it be admin badges, chat flags, or even chat emotes cause this issue where it spaces out names and chat (if its in the right spot). Anyone know how to fix this?

Looks like the image is large enough on the height that it expands onto the next line, interesting. One way to fix is to tell the host to decrease the image size, unless this is a bug I am not familiar with.

Looks like the image is large enough on the height that it expands onto the next line, interesting. One way to fix is to tell the host to decrease the image size, unless this is a bug I am not familiar with.
it happens with every bitmap image in chat, no matter what the size is

Probably an addon then. Have you tried to remove all client addons and see if that was the case? Can you provide a console log?

Probably an addon then. Have you tried to remove all client addons and see if that was the case? Can you provide a console log?
I don't have any client addons that mess with the chat, and all of the client addons that I do have have been there for over a month, this has only recently started happening in the past week or so.

I will try to recreate it and I will get a console.log for you

Can you provide a console log?
This is the chat history of a server I started, I used a chat emote and talked after it.
Code: [Select]
Burton: <bitmap:Add-Ons/ChatEmotes_Burtons/ANGERY.png>

getSubStr(...): error, starting position and desired length must be >= 0: ("",-1, 1)
BackTrace: ->[Chatty]serverCmdMessageSent->[Eval_Chat]serverCmdMessageSent->[chatEmotesServer]serverCmdMessageSent->[MuteServerPackage]serverCmdMessageSent->serverCmdMessageSent->chatFilter

Burton: asdasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfsadfasdfasdfasdf
Window reactivating...
Window reactivating...
Window reactivating...
Window reactivating...
Window reactivating...
Window reactivating...
Burton: asdasdasdasdasdasd <bitmap:Add-Ons/ChatEmotes_Burtons/ANGERY.png> asdasdasdasdasdasdasd
[Glass Log] Glass Auth: RENEWED 19:04

getSubStr(...): error, starting position and desired length must be >= 0: ("",-1, 1)
BackTrace: ->[Chatty]serverCmdMessageSent->[Eval_Chat]serverCmdMessageSent->[chatEmotesServer]serverCmdMessageSent->[MuteServerPackage]serverCmdMessageSent->serverCmdMessageSent->chatFilter

Burton: asdfasdasdkbasdfklasdhfasdjfhals;kdjfhasldkfjhaslkdfjhasdflkajhsdflkasjhdflkajsdhf
Window reactivating...
Window reactivating...
Window reactivating...
Window reactivating...
Burton: asdfasdfasdfasdf <bitmap:Add-Ons/ChatEmotes_Burtons/Bamboozled.png> adfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdf

Burton: asdasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfsadfasdf
Window reactivating...
Window reactivating...
Window reactivating...
Window reactivating...

Burton: asdfasdfasdfasd
Slayer (Server): Sending Initial Data: Burton
Slayer (Client): Handshake Accepted: Receiving initial data...

Here's another example from a different server

Try resizing the chat

Try resizing the chat
That fixed it for now, I will unlock if the issue happens again. Thanks.