Persistent avatar choices.

Author Topic: Persistent avatar choices.  (Read 1048 times)

So I have a swollow's avatar appearance mod that allows me to change player's avatars and I am able to lock it so they can't change at any time.

The problem I'm having is people can log out and rejoin with a different avatar.

So is anyone able to make a quick script to log everyone's avatar for player persistence support? So when they log in they'll retain the same avatar they had on my server previously.

This is important for my medieval RP because appearance is everything and if people can change randomly on a whim it breaks what I'm doing.

So its an Avatar you're applying to the player or is it an appearance they choose? If its an avatar you're applying, you can probably just give them a bind to apply that custom appearance you want.

So its an Avatar you're applying to the player or is it an appearance they choose?

It's an avatar I am applying and forcing them to use it for the minigame. But they can technically choose and customize it with the bricks they select in the spawn room.

If its an avatar you're applying, you can probably just give them a bind to apply that custom appearance you want.

That's the thing, no one is going to voluntarily change back when given that opportunity.

The avatar selection needs to be forced on them.

I think I get what you mean...

Maybe try using VCE to save what appearance they have with variable loading/saving.

It's an avatar I am applying and forcing them to use it for the minigame. But they can technically choose and customize it with the bricks they select in the spawn room.

That's the thing, no one is going to voluntarily change back when given that opportunity.

The avatar selection needs to be forced on them.
You could always make it a bind that players commonly use, like crouch/jump, this way even if they don't do it voluntarily they can do it on accident.

You could always make it a bind that players commonly use, like crouch/jump, this way even if they don't do it voluntarily they can do it on accident.

That sounds kinda invasive and it will keep looping to the avatar change every time they press those buttons.

That sounds kinda invasive and it will keep looping to the avatar change every time they press those buttons.
I thought the idea was to force the avatar you wanted on the player, I figured that would just be a cheap simple way to keep it on them to prevent them from changing using simple movements. I got no better ideas then.

The correct way to do this would be to package the player avatar customisation related serverCmd (applyBodyParts? applyBodyColors? Both?) to do nothing, and then manually modify the appearance of players with (un)HideNode and SetNodeColor