Author Topic: anyone hosting modded minecraft?  (Read 2362 times)

if they are i'll donate $3 to the cause right now if you post it in offtopic/games. seriously aching for one of these

remember when modded minecraft was even fun?

me neither

me neither
remember remember nonnel's still a member

me neither
bruh just cause u never found it fun doesnt mean u can speak for everyone else smh

i definitely enjoy it if the mods dont introduce like 15 bajillion mechanics and stuff from the outset. im all about that progression and exploration, and too much new content that you gotta deal with from the start makes it longer and more tedious to get used to the new stuff

I am waiting for Thaumcraft 6 to get out of beta to make a modpack and host it.

i'd love to host modpacks, but the major downside i have with it is that people end up having major loving lag if there are more than like 5 mods installed
i don't know why, and i don't know how, but even with lag reducing mods, it still does it, which kinda sucks
if anyone has a decent solution to this hmu and i might come up with something

EDIT: also if i do host, the only thing you'll probably have to worry about is net lag. i have like 12GB of ram in my server hosting PC (entirely separate from my own) so system lag shouldn't even be an issue

Cop, what is the CPU in the server system?

Cop, what is the CPU in the server system?

just so you know, it's not a matter of my server lagging, it's a matter of people's games lagging

host like a regular tekkit server or something. might have to do with incompatible mods/mods that signal or request every 2 seconds like thaumcraft

i've made a stuffton of modpacks. thing is lately i've been feeling a bit burned out of modded mc. i may host another pack in the future but as of right now i have no real plans

i'd love to host modpacks, but the major downside i have with it is that people end up having major loving lag if there are more than like 5 mods installed
i don't know why, and i don't know how, but even with lag reducing mods, it still does it, which kinda sucks
if anyone has a decent solution to this hmu and i might come up with something

EDIT: also if i do host, the only thing you'll probably have to worry about is net lag. i have like 12GB of ram in my server hosting PC (entirely separate from my own) so system lag shouldn't even be an issue
what computer do the clients have? honestly the best option would just to rent a server from a 3rd party because self hosting stuff is a pain in the ass
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 11:36:54 PM by Hawt »

honestly the best option would just to rent a server from a 3rd party because self hosting stuff is a pain in the ass

not really, for me. i know enough command line and other stuff to download files and host without it being a hellish nightmare

sky factory fun

checked it out and it actually looks pretty cool
skyblock's neat, always liked it but never had anyone to play with

also, is it just me or does every modpack always seem to have computercraft, but never opencomputers, which is generally more survival friendly and has a lot more stuff to mess with

not really, for me. i know enough command line and other stuff to download files and host without it being a hellish nightmare
yes but there's more to it than that

is your internet fast enough for hosting?