Author Topic: Stardew Valley multiplayer beta available for pc players  (Read 3811 times)

it's a decent game in my opinion but it's a relatively niche genre and if you don't like the genre you should just say "oh, different people like different things" and not try to belittle other people for holding different opinions

stardew valley is a simpler factorio for people who enjoy storylines and roleplaying. factorio is if you only care about optimizing your factory output to match the input exactly.

played both games, both are fun but now that this thread made me think about it they're both super forgetin different

factorio: trying to automate everything, forget tons of things to do and with aliens and stuff can make it really satisfying when you figure things out but can be frustrating. automating research can also be satisfying on your first world.

stardew valley: much more laid back, gives you quite a bit of time to do whatever you want, hell, even the combat is kinda laid back. much more of a slow paced experience. it's more of a game to just play when you want to relax.

i just realized i took 2 minutes to write this reply about a thread that got derailed by a potential joke

I just wish the combat was not only consistent (DID THEY loving FIX SWINGING SOUTH FFS YOUR CHARACTER ISNT LAYING ON THE loving GROUND CARDINAL DIRECTIONS SHOULDN'T AFFECT YOUR loving RANGE) but also not watered down to stuff.

But maybe I'm just too biased because of Rune Factory. Pulling off sick combos to kill things that are threatening beyond coming at you from the south feels really good. but i hate that you have to play as an uncustomizable dumbforget in every single game. being able to make a character in SV is nice. plus you can be a homo if you really want in SV. and tides of destiny was loving horrible

But maybe I'm just too biased because of Rune Factory. Pulling off sick combos to kill things that are threatening beyond coming at you from the south feels really good. but i hate that you have to play as an uncustomizable dumbforget in every single game. being able to make a character in SV is nice. plus you can be a homo if you really want in SV. and tides of destiny was loving horrible
rune factory brothers in the house hell y- hey well tides of destiny has a decent lineup of town characters even if it wasn't so much of proper farming. that final boss was a mistake though i would not shed a tear if it was removed

can you date eachother in multiplayer

can you date eachother in multiplayer
yes, so you can finally achieve your dream of the Geico Gecko and the Aflac Duck moving onto the State Farm and living out their new peaceful lives together

stardew valley: much more laid back, gives you quite a bit of time to do whatever you want, hell, even the combat is kinda laid back. much more of a slow paced experience. it's more of a game to just play when you want to relax.
its incredibly slow paced and i think criticism of a game's pace is valid criticism. i know people who defend Kairo which is an absolute stuffshow when it comes to pacing. Like honestly i get it people can be like "phanto just because you dont like it doesn't mean other people cant!!!" and yea you can enjoy stardew valley.

but only if you enjoy boredom and repetitive tasks, both of which go hand in hand.

stardew valley's main problem is that not only is there absolute boredom but there's also conflicting, contradictory mechanics put in place just to make the game harder, despite the fact that its entirely hollow. basically the game says 'ok you've been doing too much repetitive tasks so here, your energy bar is now low go find food to eat or some stuff' so not only are you doing repetitive tasks but you're also doing an arbitrarily difficult side task that requires no strategy, just a waste of your time.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 02:50:41 PM by thegoodperry »

rune factory brothers in the house hell y- hey well tides of destiny has a decent lineup of town characters even if it wasn't so much of proper farming. that final boss was a mistake though i would not shed a tear if it was removed
The final boss was just annoying if you didn't just chug alcohol to ignore hitstuns.
The characters were nice, yeah. But it's way too much of a boring drag to actually get anywhere with them. At least with the rest of the games, you were either married or in the process of getting married before you're at the end of the game. Tides of Destiny, you had a cap of 6 for everyone till you beat the last boss, and get all the date candidates to 6, both male and female. And after beating the last boss and killing the optional boss, there's literally nothing to do but talk to people, give items, and sleep. I gave up on that really quickly.

Also, wow, it's already 6. Again. Every day.

max out all those skills man can't wait for the next rune factory game hahaha.......................

The final boss was just annoying if you didn't just chug alcohol to ignore hitstuns.
i can imagine a man fighting a beast and chugging alcohol to survive

max out all those skills man can't wait for the next rune factory game hahaha.......................

haha it should be out anytime soon right???

it's... been a while... hahaha....

i bought stardew valley in anticipation for multiplayer, and now that it's (basically) here, i can safely say it exceeded my expectations. also comparing it to cookie clicker or even factorio is asinine. all three of those are completely different games. the only games you can reasonably compare stardew to are the (older) harvest moon and rune factory games

anyway cookie clicker came out after harvest moon so cookie clicker is basically a rip off of harvest moon what do you think about that HUH