Brand new Reddit design... seemingly everyone hates it.

Author Topic: Brand new Reddit design... seemingly everyone hates it.  (Read 2472 times)

thats the mobile version not the desktop versio n
It's desktop mode on Chrome, so it's close-ish enough to the actual website

i really like it, quite an improvement imo

Oh please. Anything is better than the old and terrible outdated design.

Do you think this redesign is better? I honestly think the that previous design was much nicer (faster, less bloat, not a messy pile of transitions and client-sided frameworks), more practical, and more user friendly (not explicitly designed to try to keep you consuming the site for as long as possible: infinite scrolling, story links go to comments instead of the actual story).

this is the polar opposite of me no like change
if its newer, it must be better, right?

You can polish a turd, but it still smells like stuff.

Personal bias aside, I think the redesign is better mostly because the old version looked and felt like an early 2000s website. Some might have liked that as its part of the charm, but I surely didn't.

i personally like the new design because it actually looks and feels like a modern site now. i like how you can change the format so it's just the traditional compact layout.

reddit are still pissed about net neutrality being destroyed in america.

Do you think this redesign is better? I honestly think the that previous design was much nicer (faster, less bloat, not a messy pile of transitions and client-sided frameworks), more practical, and more user friendly (not explicitly designed to try to keep you consuming the site for as long as possible: infinite scrolling, story links go to comments instead of the actual story).
What Mr.Nobody said. While I do agree that the old interface is better for those computers that don't pack a lot of beef or just for lightweight browsing, I don't like how it looks like it came straight out of the early internet and it's been that way until this point.

this is the polar opposite of me no like change
if its newer, it must be better, right?
Only in some cases.

for those who want to see it for themselves, this link will automatically show you the redesign: https://www.reddit.com/r/redesign/

I'm not a big fan.

the desire for "modern" websites is stupid. modern stuff means bloat, broken browser features, and a considerably worse experience on slower connections
a prettier site is ok. that's fine. but all the framework, single-page app bullstuff. fuk of
for those who want to see it for themselves, this link will automatically show you the redesign: https://www.reddit.com/r/redesign/

uhhhhhhhhhhh

uhhhhhhhhhhh
Try it while logged out maybe? It's been consistent for me.

who cares, it's looks pretty much the same