should pitbulls be banned

Poll

­­

No
36 (46.2%)
Yes
42 (53.8%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Author Topic: should pitbulls be banned  (Read 10412 times)

when a Chihuahua bites someone, it doesn't loving permanently disfigure or kill them

let's just ban all large dogs then

serious question if "50% of dog attacks are carried out by pitbulls", since 50% of homicides are carried out by black people should we ban black people

this is the logic we're talking about here

serious question if "50% of dog attacks are carried out by pitbulls", since 50% of homicides are carried out by black people should we ban black people

this is the logic we're talking about here
we're not talking about black people, tactical nuke

I'm gonna leave this here again because for some reason you felt the need to bump this topic again. Also Mad Hops stop being handicapped. It's biased data that doesn't properly reflect the data that consists of every single dog breed total. If you want to add in "dog attacks" you should probably make sure you include the overly-aggressive Chihuahua's that bite people all the time. In reality that is considered a "dog attack" as you would so gently put it.

About five years ago I raised a litter of six wolf-hybrids up until they were eight months old. During that time I socialized them properly with all types of animals including cats, rabbits, lizards, birds and of course other dogs that were both bigger and smaller breeds. I had also socialized them with young children (my own nieces and nephews) and adults of varying sizes. I made sure that the pups had a chance to understand that just because one person is larger than their owner doesn't make them a threat. When I gave them up for adoption I told each owner very specifically that during the course of the next four months as they are achieving adulthood it is still vitally important to socialize them.

Every single owner did as I instructed, and every single one of those dogs are now some of the most obedient and sociable hybrids I have ever seen in my life. Two of the five owners even have multiple other animals in the house and the wolfies treat them like family and part of the so called pack. The rest of the families have young children who the dogs adore.

So I highly disagree with you even though all dogs do have their natural instincts. In the end, it really is up to the owner to make sure the dog is kept on an appropriate diet, receives proper vaccines and is socialized properly. That is what many people fail to realize is that if a dog is malnourished and hasn't been introduced to people enough throughout its life, that is what turns it into an aggressive and potentially hostile dog.
It's just a bandwagon. That's what I've been loving saying lol.

-snip-

I don't own a Pitbull and when I used to work for Animal Control I handled plenty of them that weren't troublesome. I handled more Huskies that were worse than Pitbulls. You are missing the very simple truth I am saying and mistaking it for something that it isn't. What I am saying is that any large breed can be aggressive and dangerous just as small breeds can be aggressive.

Stop being dumb. Also nice picture, here I have one that more accurately reflects the majority population of Pitbulls.

get that baby mauling freak out of my face

I think I probably should've seen your posts as bait long ago and realized you have nothing worth saying.

whoops, my bad

I think I probably should've seen your posts as bait long ago and realized you have nothing worth saying.

whoops, my bad
typical pitmommy argument
get out of my thread

About five years ago I raised a litter of six wolf-hybrids up until they were eight months old. During that time I socialized them properly with all types of animals including cats, rabbits, lizards, birds and of course other dogs that were both bigger and smaller breeds. I had also socialized them with young children (my own nieces and nephews) and adults of varying sizes. I made sure that the pups had a chance to understand that just because one person is larger than their owner doesn't make them a threat. When I gave them up for adoption I told each owner very specifically that during the course of the next four months as they are achieving adulthood it is still vitally important to socialize them.

Every single owner did as I instructed, and every single one of those dogs are now some of the most obedient and sociable hybrids I have ever seen in my life. Two of the five owners even have multiple other animals in the house and the wolfies treat them like family and part of the so called pack. The rest of the families have young children who the dogs adore.

So I highly disagree with you even though all dogs do have their natural instincts. In the end, it really is up to the owner to make sure the dog is kept on an appropriate diet, receives proper vaccines and is socialized properly. That is what many people fail to realize is that if a dog is malnourished and hasn't been introduced to people enough throughout its life, that is what turns it into an aggressive and potentially hostile dog.
i should have mentioned that nowhere in here you were talking about raising pitbulls, why are you trying to change the subject?

My neighbors have 4 or 5 pitbulls. The old ones were nasty but the ones she has now are super sweet and never attack anything

Literally every neighborhood i've been in had pitbulls and most of them caused trouble. My 2 friends where I live currently both were bit by 3 pitbulls. And every time a pitbull sees us it normally chases or attempts to. And there are alot of pitbulls here anyway..

typical pitmommy argument
get out of my thread
ummmmmm downvoted..... i've seen you're post history on /r/milliondollarextreme (an tribal subreddit btw.......) your obviously a bigot.
hate speech will not be tolerated in my thread bye sweetie! xoxo

I don't own a Pitbull and when I used to work for Animal Control I handled plenty of them that weren't troublesome. I handled more Huskies that were worse than Pitbulls. You are missing the very simple truth I am saying and mistaking it for something that it isn't. What I am saying is that any large breed can be aggressive and dangerous just as small breeds can be aggressive.

Stop being dumb. Also nice picture, here I have one that more accurately reflects the majority population of Pitbulls.

[im g]http://2static2.fjcdn.com/comments/5699120+_3e8c46e11072eb29cc2b6dc07e5b99e4.jpg[/img]
am I the only one who finds images like these (no matter the dog) weird / cringy / not cute

dogs also feed off the vibes of their owners

I know in particular that if you're getting mad at TV or stuff and playfully roughhousing with your dog you're inadvertently training him to be on edge at all time

it happened with Bill Burr's dog