Author Topic: Dauntless - Now Open Beta  (Read 2341 times)

huh, might be right on that actually. kinda odd since i remember there being founder's packs n whatnot so i coulda sworn it had a price tag. i remember some guys laughing it went f2p so maybe that was just a meme
i'd like to hear more about it before trying it out, kinda figured i'd get some opinions from the thread y'know. i'm waiting on world to release for pc over this so i was wondering what it tries to do differently before i round up the boys for some coop
What shift said, that was a paid entry thing, and there was some other stuff you got that people who waited for F2P didn't.

Honestly I'd say to just download it because it is only 4 gigs from what I can tell, and the devs have done a great job at increasing server capacity (no more queue times like the first two days). I haven't played MH but there is a distinct stylistic difference, but down to the gritty details I can't say nor can I judge MH. If you do consider downloading it, you should add me up and I'll for sure play with you.

two questions
1. whats the freemium model?
2. do the equipment designs ever stop looking this... bland?
Sorry I forgot to answer this question, but yes the gear becomes very stylistic compared to the early game gear. Like right now I'm rocking some purple armor that looks like a titan from destiny sort of, but the helmet looks like batmans cowl.

The Shockclaw pisses me off, it has this mechanic where it likes to back up really far then literally teleport into your face and smack you, I can never predict it. You can get a free stun on him if you hit him mid charge, much like Bull in Punch-Out

gave it a try with my bud and i can see a lot of potential in this. it's got a deceptively slow start and seems janky at first but gets a lot cooler when you go against the other monsters off the rogue planes. we ended up playing all night and stopped right at the quest where we gotta bust an ice bird and some fire thing. our first attempt didn't go well because i was experimenting with the pike and my bud was trying to do hammers for the daily challenges and maxed out the threat level to see what would happen. my only real concern is the small list of weapon types and what kind of end game they plan on setting up for continuous content down the line. plus the infusion cells or w/e don't seem to make their way into your inventory often unless i'm missing some way to produce that myself without the need of those tiered boxes

edit: gave the faq a read on the subreddit and it looks like new weapon types are on their agenda so that's good to hear
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 07:56:03 AM by Kobewarrior »

gave it a try with my bud and i can see a lot of potential in this. it's got a deceptively slow start and seems janky at first but gets a lot cooler when you go against the other monsters off the rogue planes. we ended up playing all night and stopped right at the quest where we gotta bust an ice bird and some fire thing. our first attempt didn't go well because i was experimenting with the pike and my bud was trying to do hammers for the daily challenges and maxed out the threat level to see what would happen. my only real concern is the small list of weapon types and what kind of end game they plan on setting up for continuous content down the line. plus the infusion cells or w/e don't seem to make their way into your inventory often unless i'm missing some way to produce that myself without the need of those tiered boxes

edit: gave the faq a read on the subreddit and it looks like new weapon types are on their agenda so that's good to hear
Oh yes you're fighting the Skraev and Charogg, the Charogg is a bit of a nooby trap. Just avoid his fire, and when he shoots fireballs you can hit those back at him. Also the Skraev is identical to the Shrike, just an ice variant. Just don't get frozen. I'm dumbing it down a lot but these bosses are pretty easy, if you want you could add me and I'll help youo ut