Author Topic: dark souls remaster is out early on steam  (Read 3755 times)

no they fixed some bugs but left backstab chains in because why not
I dont classify chains back stabs as a bug, but rather a gameplay mechanic. No matter how bad it is. Remasters almost never touch gameplay.

I dont classify chains back stabs as a bug, but rather a gameplay mechanic. No matter how bad it is. Remasters almost never touch gameplay.
I doubt that's something they intended to be possible in the game, so I wouldn't call it a mechanic.

It's not a bug/glitch but it's definitely an oversight in the development of the PvP system, hence why they don't put them in later games. I don't have any experience in DS1 PvP but it doesn't look like much fun especially in a clunky system overall.

Fromsoft is always leaving in oversights like that. Dark Souls wasn't the only game to have something you couldn't get out of. Armored Core V for example, had a certain loadout that allowed you to endlessly shotgun someone to death and they couldn't do fight back due to how stuns worked in the game.
Though at least they patched AC5 to remove that.

Sure it's a remaster, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be updated, especially if it's just balance.

What about the faster healing though? Thats a pretty big thing in darksouls to change

What about the faster healing though? Thats a pretty big thing in darksouls to change
Did they change healing rates? Honestly I havent even looked too deep into it. Well if they did change mechanics then maybe they just love chainbackstabs.

Its just remasters generally are all about Da grafix
Then again usually companies remaster games that look like early 2000s dogstuff stew rather than games that already looked good and still do.

How do you find it stuff? There really is no downside to getting this over the original, other than the price, higher system requirements, and subjective visual changes. Not everyone wants to finagle with patches to enjoy a game, or wait around to enjoy multiplayer outside of township.
Because it's extra money just to do stuff that you can get for free.
DSFix was released like, hours after DS1 came out, by the way.
In the original DS1 you literally couldn't change resolution, but the fix patches fixed that and EVERYTHING ELSE, including FPS.

Because it's extra money just to do stuff that you can get for free.
DSFix was released like, hours after DS1 came out, by the way.
In the original DS1 you literally couldn't change resolution, but the fix patches fixed that and EVERYTHING ELSE, including FPS.
Yeah but the community will flock to the remaster. Good luck trying to play multiplayer on the old one.

who the forget would want to play multiplayer on either

everyone knows it's broken

Oh Boy I Sure Love Teleporting Backstabs And Stunlocks

Malcolm Reynolds is doing gods work by proving that the game is still unplayable garbage in PvP :')  

selling dark souls 3 trading cards

selling dark souls 3 trading cards
will u trade for honor cards?

Malcolm Reynolds is doing gods work by proving that the game is still unplayable garbage in PvP :') 

yeah I like him in some aspects but I don't like the softbanning (WHICH IS STILL POSSIBLE DID I MENTION THAT)

yeah I like him in some aspects but I don't like the softbanning (WHICH IS STILL POSSIBLE DID I MENTION THAT)

Softban = Potential Refund

There really is no downside to getting this over the original, other than the price, higher system requirements, and subjective visual changes.
this actually sounds like sarcasm my dude