Author Topic: homebrew, coming soon to a switch near you  (Read 6482 times)

this is pretty exciting for reasons other than piracy, though
running linux on switch is really cool and it means you can play all sorts of steam or emulator games on your switch

so, like, a good portion of your steam library will now be portable
WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CANT WAIT TO PAY 300 FOR AN EMULATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CANT WAIT TO PAY 300 FOR AN EMULATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What? It's not as if this is the only way to use emulators on the go, nor is this the only purpose of a Switch.

running linux on switch is really cool and it means you can play all sorts of steam or emulator games on your switch

or you can just use a laptop

this is pretty exciting for reasons other than piracy, though

Unless those games on Steam support the ARM architecture of the CPU in the Switch then its a no go.

god will you shut the forget up you broken record
you act like this is the only reason people will use homebrew even though it isn't

Unless those games on Steam support the ARM architecture of the CPU in the Switch then its a no go.

unfortunately, yeah, which sucks, and almost all triple-A games and the like never go that far

some news and other news

- postal-nx, an open-source postal (1st game) game engine port to switch has full sound, twinstick and wide-screen support
- rawgl & hota, rewrites/reimplementations of another world and heart of the alien were released by usineur0
- kgdoom was updated by aagallag (originally made by kgsws) to have support for 5.0.x firmwares (and maybe 5.x.x based on the release i have linked?). there's still no BGM, though, so you're pretty much playing the jaguar version. only comes with the shareware version in releases, you'll need to supply your own legal copy of the game's .wads
- checkpoint, a switch save manager was updated to 3.2 with a new feature allowing you to use L and R for backing up/restoring data
- lakka, a retroarch linux distro was ported to switch, with support for several cores and netplay support. there is currently a bug with the battery that causes it to shut down at around 10-45% among other issues, however, so unless you want to recalibrate the battery by opening up the switch and removing it + putting it back in, i would wait until it is resolved. read the FAQ here for more info on possible issues & other info.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 06:25:33 AM by The Murderous Cop »

VBA-Next is also a gba and snes emulator. I'm confused on how to import saves and cheats though.

this is my nintendo switch for gameing....... this is my nintendo switch for arch linux..... and this is my nintendo switch i bricked trying to make outrun music automatically play when the console starts up

this is my nintendo switch for gameing....... this is my nintendo switch for arch linux..... and this is my nintendo switch i bricked trying to make outrun music automatically play when the console starts up
at least my brain isn't bricked

isnt this console for children

isnt this console for children
bitch ur on a forum for a lego game