Author Topic: Share your family's war stories  (Read 2275 times)

me (great or normal idk) grandpa was in vietnam war and he was one of the pilots in the turrets where you get to shoot people like the turrets in a plane and somehow he survived even though they're pretty big targets for people.

i dont really have any stories, but my great-great uncle died in World War I

great grandpa either got a purple heart or silver star in wwii, which one he actually got has been kinda lost through the years

my dad fought against a cold last week

my dad built F-14's in the 80's

that's about all in my direct family

my grandfather was a tank driver on the western front in WW2.

never got any stories out of him before he passed, he didn't like talking about it

me (great or normal idk) grandpa was in vietnam war and he was one of the pilots in the turrets where you get to shoot people like the turrets in a plane and somehow he survived even though they're pretty big targets for people.
That would most likely be your regular grandpa.

my dad fought against a cold last week
damn hope he sinuses are unblocked now

My great grandfather (German from the Sudetenland) fought under the Germans in the WWII at the battle of Vitebsk and, if memory serves, was shot through the leg.
My great great uncle (American) fought under the Americans in WWII as a sniper hunter at Remargen.
I'm told I'm related on my father's side to one of the guys behind MacArthur in that photo of him returning to the Philippines, and that some of my ancestors fought (and died?) for the North in the American Civil War, though I'm fuzzy on the details in both cases.
There have been others, but those are the only ones I know of that definitely saw combat.

My grandfather wrote a book on his time in Nam that's done well

That would most likely be your regular grandpa.
im pretty sure it was normal grandpa

it was his default grandpa