The Crew 2 Beta is out!

Poll

What are your thoughts so far? (Please explain why)

It's awesome! I'm loving it
2 (18.2%)
It's good, but it can be better.
0 (0%)
I'm mixed about this game
2 (18.2%)
It's bad
1 (9.1%)
It's terrible, I wasted my time.
6 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: The Crew 2 Beta is out!  (Read 3015 times)

no, custom rig. it doesnt do too bad because i overclocked it but it is trash on modern games since its only duel cored

ok im gonna download it on xbox now, i got beta access on it now

my beta code went through at 5am somehow, ive been told i can give out more keys now? anyone know how?

my beta code went through at 5am somehow, ive been told i can give out more keys now? anyone know how?
i'm not sure, i thought the email said how

this is what i'm driving right now, i just farmed one of the street races til i had enough money for it.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 06:21:24 AM by auzman466 »

day 3, still no xbox code from ubisoft :/

There's some ridiculously obvious AI rubberbanding going on which sucks. Why must this still be a thing when it's a thing that's complained about in virtually every game it was implemented in?

The theme of the game is also kinda meh, the whole followers and public stream live craze and stuff that basically is a copy of Forza Horizon 3; Cars are still the forte, and flying and boats events feel kinda shabby. Why even allow you to tilt the boat back to get more speed. There seems to be physically no reason to tilt the boat forward to go slower, and overall this just seems like poor design.

Other than that, I also don't like how heavy the handling / vehicles feel. It feels like every racing games released lately have this thing going on while it supposedly makes them feel more realistic. I hated this in Forza Horizon 3, I hate it here. I don't have a racing wheel, I have a Xbox controller, and it feels mildly awful... but I did get used to it about 2 hours in.

Everything else however has been improved as far as I am aware.

There's some ridiculously obvious AI rubberbanding going on which sucks. Why must this still be a thing when it's a thing that's complained about in virtually every game it was implemented in?

The theme of the game is also kinda meh, the whole followers and public stream live craze and stuff that basically is a copy of Forza Horizon 3; Cars are still the forte, and flying and boats events feel kinda shabby. Why even allow you to tilt the boat back to get more speed. There seems to be physically no reason to tilt the boat forward to go slower, and overall this just seems like poor design.

Other than that, I also don't like how heavy the handling / vehicles feel. It feels like every racing games released lately have this thing going on while it supposedly makes them feel more realistic. I hated this in Forza Horizon 3, I hate it here. I don't have a racing wheel, I have a Xbox controller, and it feels mildly awful... but I did get used to it about 2 hours in.

Everything else however has been improved as far as I am aware.
I don't feel the rubber banding to be that bad to be honest, once you upgrade your vehicle and make it faster the races starts to get easier.

I love how my pc can handle this game at max and I get 50-60fps

and it's a loving i5 2500s and GTX 670

optimized as forget

I love how my pc can handle this game at max and I get 50-60fps

and it's a loving i5 2500s and GTX 670

optimized as forget
agreed, the game feels very optimized.

I played a few hours of the game, here's what I think. The boating is definitely the part of the game that falls short imo. If I pick up the full game, I won't be touching the boats unless absolutely necessary. Flying feels good, but driving is still the star of the show. The way the demo splits up the disciplines feels strange, I think it should've just been split up into different vehicle types instead of different categories of sports.  The ability to hotswitch between the three vehicle types in freeroam is my favorite part of the game, and I hope it's utilized in races in some way.

agreed, the game feels very optimized.

I played a few hours of the game, here's what I think. The boating is definitely the part of the game that falls short imo. If I pick up the full game, I won't be touching the boats unless absolutely necessary. Flying feels good, but driving is still the star of the show. The way the demo splits up the disciplines feels strange, I think it should've just been split up into different vehicle types instead of different categories of sports.  The ability to hotswitch between the three vehicle types in freeroam is my favorite part of the game, and I hope it's utilized in races in some way.
I like the idea of splitting into different categories, I've seen some people who don't wanna play with the planes or boats so street racing can only allow you to use cars and bikes.

I like the idea of splitting into different categories, I've seen some people who don't wanna play with the planes or boats so street racing can only allow you to use cars and bikes.
That's true. It's good for the street racing category, but they've also locked professional racing behind the boat racing. Driving F1 cars around a circle may not be the most exciting thing, but I'd want those cars in freeroam ASAP dammit.
Also, on the activities page on the start menu, you can see there are supposed to be more races in the game similar to the one the beta opens up with. If those races are required to unlock more content in the game, then you'll be forced to grind parts for the types of vehicles you don't like until they're good enough to win.

the only thing I'm hating about this game is the menus are pretty confusing, and the lack of any pause menu too is gay

I have to exit the game by task manager every time lol

the only thing I'm hating about this game is the menus are pretty confusing, and the lack of any pause menu too is gay

I have to exit the game by task manager every time lol
ok so there is a pause menu but i dunno how to get there from keyboard. i tried. i was playing with controller though.
however, there isn't a quit button on the pause menu. i had to keep using alt+f4

ok so there is a pause menu but i dunno how to get there from keyboard. i tried. i was playing with controller though.
however, there isn't a quit button on the pause menu. i had to keep using alt+f4
handicapped