Madagascar movie steals sounds from blockland.

Author Topic: Madagascar movie steals sounds from blockland.  (Read 3454 times)

it's actually a freeware recreation of mario brick breaking sound.

X:

Doubt

I don't think so

...But it is? Without finding the sources I can already tell you that they're stock assets. Almost all of the SFX files are different sample rates ranging from 11025 Hz to 44100 Hz, which is exactly what happens when you download sounds from different stock websites. No half-competent sound engineer would intentionally do that, especially considering the size of the files and the size of the game itself. There's no need to save disc space with sounds that short. Could Badspot intentionally have changed the sample rates? Sure, but why would he change the sample rate of "clickChange" to 11025 Hz (lower quality) instead of "clickPlant", which is longer? The longer sound would need the sample rate reduction more than the shorter one if storage space is the goal.

You've already demonstrated a lack of technical knowledge with 1. your ".gif face" and 2. your constant posting in the Suggestions & Requests board. Your autism cannot beat mine.

a recent supergirl episode used the sword equip sound

lego barnacle gba uses the jump sound

Hey Tony, coincidentally I was watching the Sopranos. There's a scene where Tony waits for Christopher to come pick him up near a railroad, the same train horn sound effect that is in Half life 2 played in this same episode from 1999, so who's stealing what here in this case? forgetin nobody

Lol Tony Gets Wreck By Evidence

there's a ride at Carowinds that plays the !alarm effect about 5 times in a row before starting.

i hear the sword draw sound in different things so does that mean they steal that from blockland too?

Lol Tony Gets Wreck By Evidence

I hardly got wrecked at all because I know for a fact I did not.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 08:57:25 AM by King Tøny »

...But it is? Without finding the sources I can already tell you that they're stock assets. Almost all of the SFX files are different sample rates ranging from 11025 Hz to 44100 Hz, which is exactly what happens when you download sounds from different stock websites. No half-competent sound engineer would intentionally do that, especially considering the size of the files and the size of the game itself. There's no need to save disc space with sounds that short. Could Badspot intentionally have changed the sample rates? Sure, but why would he change the sample rate of "clickChange" to 11025 Hz (lower quality) instead of "clickPlant", which is longer? The longer sound would need the sample rate reduction more than the shorter one if storage space is the goal.

You've already demonstrated a lack of technical knowledge with 1. your ".gif face" and 2. your constant posting in the Suggestions & Requests board. Your autism cannot beat mine.

X:

Doubt

if we sue pixar for this we can use the lawsuit money to finish blockland 3

I've already made you look like an idiot. I don't really have to continue debating you.

I've already made you look like an idiot. I don't really have to continue debating you.

X:

Shaun!