Author Topic: guns that are actualey accureate  (Read 4345 times)

Muzzle can jerk to the side but not up. It might be possible with an edited version of movehandler.dll. Someone should bug metario about it lol
I have played around with it before and I did get it to work. Was able to return anything back and have the player be forced to do that. Looked pretty jank though. And it also made bots crash again because I probably forgeted something up.

Would be nice to have a redone/expanded on moveHandler in general tbh. Make it support more classes and functionality.

Looked pretty jank though.

If anything do you think it could be used for vertical recoil since it's a jerky movement to begin with?

If anything do you think it could be used for vertical recoil since it's a jerky movement to begin with?
Probably. But at this point I don't have the code nor do I remember what I did. And then there would be getting it to work without bots crashing the game.

Unless you're trying to snipe with a pistol or something.

what was the pack where you sitcrouch/crouch and the pistol does become a sniper

i'm almost 100% sure the only reason any gun other than shotguns have spread is because of human error and recoil
if you got a mac10 and put it in a vice and pulled the trigger with a string it would be perfectly accurate even on full auto. i think the bullets always come out straight.

i'm almost 100% sure the only reason any gun other than shotguns have spread is because of human error and recoil
if you got a mac10 and put it in a vice and pulled the trigger with a string it would be perfectly accurate even on full auto. i think the bullets always come out straight.
accuracy decreases with every shot due to recoil and other factors, so that's why soldiers irl use bursts for single shots for longer distances but full auto when in short distance

dynamic accuracy isn't that good in most cases. player hitboxes are really large so you're incentivized to always keep on the move but then your weapons have some bullstuff that makes it so walking increases your spread

its really conflicting and its a cool but inappropriate system

this is the reason why tier tactical, quake pack stuff, and khains default are rly popular. they're made for run and gun deathmatches exclusively where you'll be constantly repositioning and dodging rockets and stuff and have a chance to counterattack with some stylish flanking movement patters and other stuff. HK and stuff basically incentivize you to stay still in order to get the most benefits from the weapons which halts gameplay pace

and stuff
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 12:09:58 PM by thegoodperry »

dynamic accuracy isn't that good in most cases. player hitboxes are really large so you're incentivized to always keep on the move but then your weapons have some bullstuff that makes it so walking increases your spread

its really conflicting and its a cool but inappropriate system

this is the reason why tier tactical, quake pack stuff, and khains default are rly popular. they're made for run and gun deathmatches exclusively where you'll be constantly repositioning and dodging rockets and stuff and have a chance to counterattack with some stylish flanking movement patters and other stuff. HK and stuff basically incentivize you to stay still in order to get the most benefits from the weapons which halts gameplay pace

and stuff

Who says you need to be penalized for moving?
Just penalize for spraying wildly, and allow single shots/bursts to be accurate.

Look how at Overwatch does Soldier 76.
Your aiming reticle gets wider as you hold the trigger, and shrinks back down when you release it. But there's zero penalty for any sort of movement, even jumping.
Spraying works fine at close range, when the maximum size of the reticle is still within the full size of the target's hitbox.
But at medium or long range, your bullets will just go around them unless you do controlled bursts.
Overwatch is very much a fast-paced shooter, and this works fine.

In the current state, many guns in BL are completely unusable because they're maximum spread all the time, and there's no reason to shoot single or burst

maybe the reason why the guns are inaccurate is because you're shooting them one-handed

use both hands next time
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 12:13:08 PM by Master Shadow Phoenix »

Muzzle can jerk to the side but not up.
Like Rally said...

All weapons I've used set the projectile to a random trajectory when it spawns from the weapon's muzzle point. The correct way would be to keep the projectile trajectory in line with where the muzzle is aiming (or where the eye is aiming depending on user preference) and rotate the player object each time the weapon is fired. This allows the player to have some control over the recoil.

Unfortunately, in my experience, you cannot modify the player's pitch server-side. You can only modify the player's yaw using setTransform so the best you could do is have recoil left or right, without any recoil up or down. The only two options that I am aware of is a revision to the game allowing pitch to be modified or the addition of client-sided commands to control the player's pitch. Client-sided commands won't work on multiplayer because it would be extremely easy to block those commands and remove weapon recoil for yourself.

Code: [Select]
package FakeRecoil {

function mouseFire(%bool) {

Parent::mouseFire(%bool);

pitch(getRandom(-8, -4));
yaw(getRandom(-6, 6));

}

};

activatePackage(FakeRecoil);

rotate the player object each time the weapon is fired.
That sounds awful. Just awkward and disorientating

No, keep the random trajectory, just make the maximum difference scale according to how long you've held the trigger

yea just make guns that aim properley beacous honestely i m sick of bullet deviatien