Anyone know why the screen sometimes freaks out?

Author Topic: Anyone know why the screen sometimes freaks out?  (Read 2039 times)

This isn't me asking for help on this, I just want to know why it happens. It happens most of the time when I spawn, when a round restarts using slayer, or when a round ends using slayer. Am I the only one this happens to?

look ma! my server is on TV!

to clear this up, this crashed me but this is the first time it has happened, most of the time it just happens for a second or two then stuff starts to ghost in.

had the same thing but it doesn't crash me

i have a hunch that it could be the add-ons in the server

This means that your client isn't controlling an object. Which is likely caused by a faulty add-on, or a combination of add-ons that causes a conflict.

This means that your client isn't controlling an object. Which is likely caused by a faulty add-on, or a combination of add-ons that causes a conflict.
can you dumb this down for me so i can understand it

can you dumb this down for me so i can understand it
stuff is forgeted up and add-ons are probably the cause

stuff is forgeted up and add-ons are probably the cause
is it my addons or someone else's

Usually it's a ghosting issue

from what i've seen it's because the skybox hasn't loaded in for you yet, so it's sorta a sky.delete thing, but i don't know what would cause that on the technical side of things

That is Server_EnvironmentZones.  In addition to it's usual functions, it changes the order in which things ghost.  So the bricks on the server are sent to your client before the sky is sent, leading to a forgeted up looking screen until the sky is finally received by your client.

It could probably be fixed by whoever made Server_EnvironmentZones, if they knew about it.

from what i've seen it's because the skybox hasn't loaded in for you yet, so it's sorta a sky.delete thing, but i don't know what would cause that on the technical side of things
Oh I should've paid closer attention to the whole screen.
Yeah, it just looks like the sky is gone.

That is Server_EnvironmentZones.  In addition to it's usual functions, it changes the order in which things ghost.  So the bricks on the server are sent to your client before the sky is sent, leading to a forgeted up looking screen until the sky is finally received by your client.

It could probably be fixed by whoever made Server_EnvironmentZones, if they knew about it.
Zeblote, but it also seems like something that can't really be fixed. The sky normally ghosts during the loading screen, as it's part of the 'MissionGroup'. Obviously you can't have that happen when it's being selectively loaded from a list of different skies.

Obviously you can't have that happen when it's being selectively loaded from a list of different skies.
Being selected from a list is definitely not the problem.

I don't have said mod installed nor active