What's your favorite video game atmosphere/setting?

Author Topic: What's your favorite video game atmosphere/setting?  (Read 4580 times)

DID THIS GUY JUST SAY UNDERTALE? HEY EVERYONE THIS GUY LIKES UNDERTAL;E. EVERYONE GET OVER HERE SOMEONE MENTIONED UNDERTALE.
yeh and he makes gay research of it got a problem fella

yeh and he makes gay research of it got a problem fella
Alright let me spell it out here for ya..
In my book, you see in my book of MORALS, ive got a check list here to see if I should be upset or not.
Someone drawin gay research, hey thats okay, its a pass.
BUT. IF someone is out here saying they LIKE UNDERTALE? Im marking that down next to theft and murder.

In Lego Star Wars the videogame, I always loved running around the main cantina hub. I found it surprisingly enjoyable.

My favorite has to be Fallout: New Vegas's depiction of the wasteland.

Fallout 1
Hitman: Contracts
Max Payne 3: New Jersey, Brazil and Panama
Portal 1
L.A Noire
Final Fantasy 7
GTA V

I'd say Fallout 1 was able to capture frightening settings through the use of it's soundtrack, Max Payne 3 was also able to do this especially the levels which take place in New Jersey. Portal was also another game that felt really atmospheric which had a sense of emptiness, L.A Noire played with my emotions a bit, Final Fantasy 7 just nails every atmosphere you're in and Hitman Contracts makes you shiver
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 06:55:06 AM by Mouse droidz 21 »

Damn I almost forgot about Delta Halo too, that gondola ride and the underwater bit are so iconic to me.

DID THIS GUY JUST SAY UNDERTALE? HEY EVERYONE THIS GUY LIKES UNDERTAL;E. EVERYONE GET OVER HERE SOMEONE MENTIONED UNDERTALE.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 10:00:49 AM by Vigil »

a few of the far cry games like 3, 4, and 5

also girls frontline has a neat setting i like

dunno how you felt immersed
i blocked the combine guard on the turret in the drive part with a can and just went past
theres multiple moments where combine just rush in a line so all you do is shoot with the smg and all your hear is "Augh! *sstchhaaaa-ssssshhhzztt* 10-4-01 officer down" and "Ooogh! *SttchPLIPPlIpPlIpPllP*" so much that I memorized the sounds.
I got immersed in ravenholm,though, so much so that when I first played it I was scared to stuff of fast and poison zombies and still get the heebie jeebies when I see or hear a poison zombie.
I was always aware I was playing a video game sure. But the world building that went into the story, and the level design in general both drew me in and made me interested in exploring the world and fighting the rebellion. It’s a very memorable game for me

i like games with huge deserts. journey would be notable. also that one desert area from fable 3. i wish there were more games that had huge expansive open deserts with perilous weather conditions and beautiful skies and stuff

« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 03:25:43 PM by thegoodperry »

max payne 1 and 2
My favorite has to be Fallout: New Vegas's depiction of the wasteland.
i love how despite it being "post apocalyptic" people are still rebuilding everything
i realized the other day that a lot of the locations such as the railroad or quarry junction are actually in use and not just for show

nd Hitman Contracts makes you shiver
I'm a huge fan of Hitman 2016 and i've heard that fans say their personal favorite is contracts, is it good? and does it still hold up?

I'd say i always get really immersed in creepy atmospheres, so Soma's bioshock meets amnesia atmosphere, Inside's apocalyptic dystopia of muted colors, Alien Isolation's perfect recreation of the alien aesthetic, and Bloodborne's world and setting are my favorites.

Oh stuff I almost forgot about Vanilla and Burning Crusade era WoW. Goddamn

i absolutely love the way spooky levels look in n64 games with the 2d tree backdrops

botw would have been so much better if there were more areas like the gerudo segment of the map that were completely unique