Author Topic: WIP stuffty attempt at the Simpsons house.  (Read 3824 times)

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmm its work in progress beta alpha so you canmt criticize it

The simpsons house is tan, not pink.

if you'd like some actual constructive criticism, i can supply some.

1) The proportions are off
The Simpsons' house is two levels (plus an attic and basement). In your recreation, it's two levels stretched out to over three levels. This means all of the ceilings are massively tall. On top of that, it means a lot of the wall space is filler, not being used for any type of detail or decoration, it's just there to be there. The house is also too big, with much of the floor space unoccupied as well. If we count each stud as 1 sq. ft, that means the TV is roughly 24 feet away from the couch.

2) The use of both default bricks and custom bricks
There's nothing wrong with using pre-modeled detailed bricks, but if a majority of the house is made from 2x4s and 2x2x5 cones, it sticks out like a sore thumb. The bricks in question (kitchen table, kitchen chairs, painting frames,) are much more detailed than anything in the house, giving it a lazy appearance. If you're going to use standard blocks, use them. If you're going to use small detail bricks, use them. Don't mix and match the two here and there.

3) Poor allocation of default bricks
The walls and floors scream unorganized. While you did switch from the stacked 2x4s, the exterior is now a mosaic of pink. Even though physical stability isn't an issue in Blockland, I use it as a design principal. If my actual house was built from varying pillars and bricks haphazardly, it would topple over. Walls need symmetry, not just unity. As for the furniture, much of it could be replaced with the larger-sized bricks that are already present in the default catalog. The edge of the bed is composed of 6 bricks. You could swap it out with a 2x6x3 and drop that down to one brick. Too thick? Use three 1x6s. There exists custom bricks to fill nearly every shape and size, so I'm positive there is a 1x6x3 that could fit perfectly there. There is also a lack of ramps, which are vital to a build consisting of mostly default bricks. The roof is solely four mod-ter bricks, which is a big no-no. Switch to ramps.