[NEWS] General Electric to be Delisted, first time since 1907

Author Topic: [NEWS] General Electric to be Delisted, first time since 1907  (Read 1285 times)

General Electric to be Delisted, first time since 1907

It's been 6 days since this was announced, but no one mentioned it, at all. General Electric is going to be removed from the DowJones tomorrow, June 26th. General Electric has apparently fallen on some very hard times, this is the first time this has happened in just over 110 years. Apparently General Electric's slot will be replaced with Walgreens. Again, this is kind of "old news" but no one made a post about it... so

/discuss

didn't even see this, thanks. that's forgetin crazy, i had no idea it was this bad for them

jeeebus

that's insane, why are they such in bad shape?

^

i thought their market niche was in expensive medical equipment and the like. i guess they’re being mismanaged as the article states there was some stuff regarding insurance that they’re being investigated over

^

i thought their market niche was in expensive medical equipment and the like. i guess they’re being mismanaged as the article states there was some stuff regarding insurance that they’re being investigated over
IBM is in the expensive medical equipment area lol, they're owning ass with Eppendorf

IBM is in the expensive medical equipment area lol, they're owning ass with Eppendorf
looked both up, dont see anything like mris or the like by them. are you sure they do medical equipment? it seems more like lab equipment and support/management systems

dunno, I wasn't allowed into the MRI rooms, only XRay, nuclear imagery, and endocrinology areas and they all had Eppendorf equipment and IBM machines

stop formading ur freds......

dunno, I wasn't allowed into the MRI rooms, only XRay, nuclear imagery, and endocrinology areas and they all had Eppendorf equipment and IBM machines
guess im misinformed. til

but they make the gau-8 how could they not be rich

Over here it's a bit different, IBM machines are more for research hardware, not for consumer or support equipment. Been a while since I've seen some actual IBM hardware.

GE is pretty common over here as far as support and consumer hardware goes though. Feels like the scope of GE was far too narrow.