Author Topic: Melee Combat Demo Server  (Read 968 times)

I'm going to be hosting a server demonstrating a combat system me and Buddy (mostly Buddy) made around 2-3 months ago.

Before I explain how it works, credits to Bushido and anyone else who worked on T+T for the melee weapon models used, Crystalwarrior (and everyone else who worked with him) for the Health system, body system, loot system, and the block mechanic (All of which were taken from Despair Syndrome and modified.) and also credits to him (and, again, everyone else who worked with him) for making Weapon_Base_Melee.

Anyways, here's how the melee works:

Left clicking swings the weapon, as you would expect. Most two-handed weapons have a windup before you swing (windup length varies between weapons). One-handers also have a wind-up, but it's fairly short.

Holding left click will charge an attack. After holding LMB for a certain amount of time, a star appears. Releasing LMB after the star appears will allow you to do a much more damaging attack. This attack, when done with two-handers, will have no windup. (Keep in mind that swing are not instant.)

Right-Clicking lets you block. You can hold up a block for only 2 seconds before you automatically unblock. If you fail to block anything, you will not be able to block for the next 2 seconds. If you successfully block one attack, you can instantly throw up another. Blocking an attack drains your opponent's stamina, the amount drained depends on what weapon you block with.  Blocking is instant, as soon as you right click you will block any attack that hits your front. There is absolutely no delay.

Swinging your weapon, running, and jumping all cost stamina. Stamina is very important, as certain weapons directly damage your stamina. These weapons are non-lethal, and if a non-lethal weapon causes you to reach 0 stamina, you will be knocked unconscious (Don't worry, Self Delete will be enabled). Many weapons are non-lethal, but most are lethal. Stamina constantly regenerates, but at a slow rate. Always keep track of and manage your stamina, as you can't swing when it gets too low.

A dead or unconscious player's body can be examined by left-clicking it. Left-clicking a body will show you what damage-type killed them, how many hits they took from the back and the front, and if the body is warm, lukewarm, or cold. Pressing the light key on a body will allow you to loot it. The building controls are used to navigate the looting menu.

All melee weapons use tracers instead of hitscan or invisible projectiles. (Thanks to Weapon_Base_Melee)

I might not have touched on absolutely everything, but these are the most important things to know.

The server will start today at 12:45PM(EST) and tomorrow around afternoon. The server name will be Paul Denton's Melee Weapon Demo.  While I'm hosting, please give me any criticism on the system, I'll listen to all of it and (try to) fix it accordingly.

This add-on will be private, most likely for the foreseeable future due to it not being finished (and the lack of people to finish it).
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 10:39:19 PM by Notchbrine »

Server crashed for unknown reasons, rehosting.

This is a really cool mod, all the features work well despite some glitches.

Hosting again at 2:30. Made some changes to the weapons:

One-handers have longer windups.

Nightstick's range extended.

Guitar's range decreased.