Spyro Megathread | SpyroEdit & SpyroRender, Spyro at 60 FPS!

Author Topic: Spyro Megathread | SpyroEdit & SpyroRender, Spyro at 60 FPS!  (Read 2457 times)

SpyroEdit 2.2 is a the newest introduction to SpyroEdit and SpyroRender, a Plugin for EPSXE that allows for interesting interactions with Spyro 2 & 3. SpyroEdit allows for some basic interactions, however with Genesis (the program not the console.) Models can be interacted with live ingame, or exported. SpyroRender is a custom renderer built to run alongside the emulator, this renderer supports any framerate, however it is incomplete and lacks certain things such as hud elements, transparent textures and polygons, texture/polygon recoloring, and sometimes textures do not load properly. In Exchange textures can be modified a little bit more freely, including higher res textures. SpyroEdit 2.2 also marks another important change, but not in the code... SpyroEdit is now Open Source.

SpyroEdit is a video plugin for EPSXE, it is only meant to be used with Spyro 2 and 3, and it was designed with the PAL version in mind, so NTSC and NTSC-J versions may not work.

Now here are some screenshots below showing the good, bad and ugly of Spyro Render (SR).

The black in the texture is supposed to be transparent, also raindrops aren't rendered in SR.

Widescreen support, but textures can't be recolored ingame, nor can polygons be transparent.

Text boxes and Hud are not rendered in SR.

Gems have no color and the twinkle polygons are missing, also textures are blurred.
\
Portal is in the background in SR but not in the emulator.

No zoom texture, or removal of spyro for superflame, also no skybox.

Collision polygons are rendered in SR, but are invisible ingame.

An animation model did not load at all.

Homeworlds, atleast summerforest, does not load textures properly, also applies to entering cutscenes in levels.

Speaking of entering levels, this happens evertime you enter one in SR.

Not really a glitch, but since there is no skybox you can see that the level is loaded in the background.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 01:17:30 PM by Master Matthew² »

the only thing I really enjoy about this series is the first three game’s music and skyboxes

the only thing I really enjoy about this series is the first three game’s music and skyboxes
Then youve come to the right thread.
This is really only about spyro 1-3

as far as I'm concerned the first three are the only real ones

as far as I'm concerned the first three are the only real ones
same really goes for crash bandicoot as well

There's been quite a bit of new Spyro Reignited Trilogy stuff over time especially for Ripto's Rage and Year of the Dragon which have been kept under the rug mostly.

Also the game is delayed till November 13 instead September 21 if you somehow didn't know yet.

Ripto's Rage Gameplay:
Glimmer
Colossus
Idol Springs

Year of the Dragon Gameplay:
Sunny Villa

Also images of Sunny Villa:

Also some of how some of the characters look so far:

« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 10:32:21 PM by ThatDarkNinja778 »

Eveyone but spyro looks like they're about to dreamworks face.