Blockland Forums > Modification Help

Support_SaveImageSlot

<< < (2/2)

Conan:

--- Quote from: Shift Kitty on July 16, 2018, 09:11:15 PM ---If you don't want the mounting sound, then just use a different class. Armor is the only one that will play that sound.
The only functions you need to redefine are:
::onUnmount(%this,%obj,%vehicle,%node)
::doDismount(%this,%obj) (can just call Armor::doDismount for this one)
::onMount(%this,%obj,%slot)

--- End quote ---
how to make a mountable object with a non armor class?

Shift Kitty:
Set the className of the datablock to something other than Armor.
I do find it odd that I apparently just used 'class' for my code yet you're supposed to use 'className' but it seems to have the same effect?

Default compared to what I have:

--- Code: ---datablock PlayerData(PlayerStandardArmor){
className = Armor;

datablock PlayerData(Sword2PW)
{
class = "PW";
--- End code ---

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Swollow:

--- Quote from: Shift Kitty on July 16, 2018, 09:11:15 PM ---If you don't want the mounting sound, then just use a different class. Armor is the only one that will play that sound.

--- End quote ---
never considered this approach always just redefined the mount function for them :o
coolio

--- Quote from: Shift Kitty on July 17, 2018, 01:19:17 PM ---I do find it odd that I apparently just used 'class' for my code yet you're supposed to use 'className' but it seems to have the same effect?

--- End quote ---
if you set the field "class" on a player object it will just be a tagged field, however the lack of you defining 'className' (a member field) is effectively preventing any armor:: hooks

Shift Kitty:

--- Quote from: Swollow on July 22, 2018, 04:21:10 AM ---however the lack of you defining 'className' (a member field) is effectively preventing any armor:: hooks

--- End quote ---
THIS EXPLAINS SO MUCH THANK YOU VERY MUCH ♥

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version