Author Topic: chatmod on kreon's server  (Read 483 times)

does anybody know what this is

I was under the impression that it was conan's chatmod because they're very very similar but I can't change identities with conan's chatmod and I have no idea how to do OOC chat (on kreon's it was teamchat + ^ at the beginning of the message)

I tried looking on the forums and found nothing definite, hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about here

/discuss

okay so here's how it worked in fiendish detail:

you'd have /setidentity which would allow you to change your name to whatever
then when you talked normally it would be local chat
adding ^ in front of normal chat would make whatever you're saying an action (EX: Tactical Nuke shoots a guy")
team chat would be like radio broadcasting where everyone could see it but you'd still be referred to as the identity you set
team chat with ^ in front would be OOC

any ideas

Rp chat is literally the worst addon ever invented. Please please don't host a server with rp chat because you'll actively reduce the master server quality by 36% every second you host it

The addon your looking for is Server_roleplay. I am obligated to provide this info because this is a suggestion thread. But I also suggest you rethink what you plan on using this for. I suggest you avoid downloading rp chat because realism is dumb and arbitrary restrictions on communication is the stupidest thing ever. It works in a tdm when teams need to communicate with each other, but rp chat is distance bound and there's many threads on why every server sucks because the map is too large and you'll be away from 90% of people

Please reconsider and call this Rp Chat Prevention Hotline at 1-800-666-1337. We're always here on this toll free number if you feel the urge to download rp chat, please talk to us before you make any dangerous decisions.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 11:59:24 PM by thegoodperry »