Is runescape dead?

Author Topic: Is runescape dead?  (Read 2619 times)

That's a pretty pathetic number for an MMO.

22,000 players playing on average.

About 141 servers total.

That's about on average less than 156 players per server.

The max amount of people per server is 2,000, well above 156.

runescape 3.
thats your problem
its been trash for a long time, plus oldschool is irreplaceable imo

The map is loving massive. So 100 people on a server is basically a ghost town.

It's kind of dumb how my original account is unable to play runescape classic, I'd have to start over.

classic runescape was shut down i think tony
nope, august 6th it will
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 07:34:30 AM by Darth C3P0² »

nope, august 6th it will
forget

« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 09:33:22 PM by auzman466 »

nope, august 6th it will

not oldschool

oldschool is runescape 2, classic is runescape 1

tony the games board exists

I hop onto runescape for the first time in years. Went onto the most populated server which had less than 300 people on it.

1am on a Monday morning

1am on a Monday morning

lol i dunno where the forget he got less than 300 from
maybe by "most populated" he meant "world 1 is supposed to be most populated" but world 2 has been the top members server for years
world 2 always has 600-800 people at all times, 1100-1300 peak times. peak time is 8 pm EST.

lol i dunno where the forget he got less than 300 from

Well my post was in july 16th and his post was july 22nd

Less than 600 is still pretty bad considering 2,000 is the max.

Well my post was in july 16th and his post was july 22nd

Less than 600 is still pretty bad considering 2,000 is the max.
more than 600, and not during peak hours. there's also a lot more to do now, it's just up to you to choose what to do.
there are stronger weapons in the game now, but you're meant to work your way up to them just like you worked your way up to an abby whip in 2008. there used to be a strict progression in your weapons, where there was always one weapon better than yours until you could use whatever the best weapon in the game was at the time. now there are multiple weapons in each tier that are all viable for different reasons. on top of that, many of the top tier weapons are so difficult or expensive to obtain that your account will likely never see them. they're also all degradable, so you have to spend gold to keep using them. but you're never required to use them. nearly all bosses are possible using tier 70-75 equipment, which is the last tier before items start degrading. i'm level 113 combat and i'm still using a whip and bandos.
i will agree that most minigames have been killed by newer content. if you want to reminisce about what runescape used to be, go play OSRS. RS3 is all about the end game content (although Jagex has been working on filling in the gaps a bit more with things like the release of Menaphos).
also the default UI is very claustrophobic, i'd try the different presets or edit your UI yourself to make it more clean if you really want to play.

RS3 is also post-bot nuke. OSRS's player count is inflated by bots. the OSRS botting scene is much bigger than that of RS3, partly because it's much harder to bot on RS3 in the longterm.