[Scenario] Blockland becomes Free to Play.

Author Topic: [Scenario] Blockland becomes Free to Play.  (Read 3244 times)

Remember when TF2 wasn't F2P?
If blockland becomes free, an infinitely huge load of noob kids will probably invade the game, then eric hartman will add microtransactions and premium stuff, then the blockland gold thing may become real, because [BLOCKLAND GOLD REQUIRED] and you will only have bl gold if you either buy it, or have paid blockland before the free-to-play update
what does this post mean

this is not correct since it impacts users on good computers disproportionately

Well, I mean, it's better than:

"HEY YOU! PAY 10 DOLLARS TO GET *WOW* AMAZING STUFF *WOW*! YOU'RE GONNA WIN ALL THE TOURNAMENTS WITH THIS THING!"

Well, I mean, it's better than:

"HEY YOU! PAY 10 DOLLARS TO GET *WOW* AMAZING STUFF *WOW*! YOU'RE GONNA WIN ALL THE TOURNAMENTS WITH THIS THING!"
no, its not. they get much more than 10 dollars out of you and will continue to do so forever. your computer hardware will degrade faster than if your computer wasn't used for mining, and in the long run will cost you more than if you just paid $10 in the first place for the game

also, you can't shift bases like that. mtx isn't the same as letting people abuse your computer for bitcoin mining, and most (non mobile) pvp games nowadays know to avoid non-cosmetics rewards to avoid pay-to-win mechanics. and even in games that do that, those mechanics would not exist if they were using your device for bitcoin mining since the whole point of their existence is to entice people to pay for it - theres no reason to break your game balance if it wont net you more money.

no, its not. they get much more than 10 dollars out of you and will continue to do so forever. your computer hardware will degrade faster than if your computer wasn't used for mining, and in the long run will cost you more than if you just paid $10 in the first place for the game
Your computer is still degrading by running, it's just using a tiny bit more power. What, 2 days of computer usage is more than hundreds if not THOUSANDS of dollars gouged out of you by the owners of the game

most (non mobile) pvp games nowadays
I'm sorry, WHAT? Most free games on PC, mobile, or console (heck, even some PAID games) have in-game stuff you can buy THAT AFFECTS THE GAME. Even IF you can get that stuff without paying, it would either take multiple years, you're bound to lose it, or both.

and even in games that do that, those mechanics would not exist if they were using your device for bitcoin mining since the whole point of their existence is to entice people to pay for it - theres no reason to break your game balance if it wont net you more money.
I don't even know what you meant by this.

Remember when TF2 wasn't F2P?
If blockland becomes free, an infinitely huge load of noob kids will probably invade the game, then eric hartman will add microtransactions and premium stuff, then the blockland gold thing may become real, because [BLOCKLAND GOLD REQUIRED] and you will only have bl gold if you either buy it, or have paid blockland before the free-to-play update
were you even sapient when tf2 wasn’t free

were you even sapient when tf2 wasn’t free
I- IT COSTED MUH MONEY?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?

it's just using a tiny bit more power.
You poor, poor uninformed baby.
Mining doesn't use a tiny bit more power.

It's also very, very unfair to the consumer. A lot of people multitask nowadays. You would be greatly impacting their performance in doing so. Especially since you would kill off 90% of the population just by putting it in there in the first place. In order to profit off the remaining 10% to make up for the fact that you're not selling hats to the 90% instead, you'd have to turn that mining up to 11.

rather have something like member-only servers or benefits from actually buying the game instead of adding premium content that actually interferes with gameplay

roblox cigarettes would attack us