Author Topic: item - Player/bot detector  (Read 1245 times)

An item that can detect through bricks a player or a bot which is near to you. could be useful in survival game mode for detecting the enemy if he's around.
Did anyone make something like this before? can someone make it?
And how about an item which detect named bricks? (for exploring gamemodes)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 10:13:38 PM by BlockAlpha »

How about Zone Bricks/ Events

Could be useful also for Halo servers

This requires both client and server hooks in order to be remotely effective, which promotes bad add-on design. Generally client sided add-ons should be avoided because they have a much higher chance of conflicting with other client add-ons and spamming your console + it's just bad design to force people to manually download other files just to access your server. I'm sure someone could make something that says how many enemies are nearby on server side only but that's kind of limited and footstep mods are a more thematic choice
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 09:38:35 AM by thegoodperry »

OK, Its good to know that

phantos you seriously underestimate the power of center/bottomprint ui menus. they may be limited but they can look good, and for this mod request there isnt a lot of data required to display either so it would fit.

phantos you seriously underestimate the power of center/bottomprint ui menus. they may be limited but they can look good, and for this mod request there isnt a lot of data required to display either so it would fit.
I don't underestimate it, I was actually about to suggest this. If you think you can pull off a Halo style radar with 6 lines of center print space then let's see it big boy

@     *

Here is what I was thinking about. @ is you and * are enemy blips. And the blips on the radar rotate based on which way the player is facing and are roughly rounded. Takes some trig stuff
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 11:16:31 AM by thegoodperry »

trig ez im big alpha math coder boy

but unfortunately too busy to do this right now. between minecraft and neural network programming i have 0 time lol

imagine how cool a radar addon would be, i mean v0002 (or at least a mod of it) had it iirc so i mean maybe it could be possible?

imagine how cool a radar addon would be, i mean v0002 (or at least a mod of it) had it iirc so i mean maybe it could be possible?
no because badspot removed the ability for the client to know where any player is a while ago, due to really easy aimbots being made

no because badspot removed the ability for the client to know where any player is a while ago, due to really easy aimbots being made
i mean like a client-server addon, of course if the client could see players locations hell would break loose, i was talking how letting the client know nearby player's locations wouldn't be an impossible nasa engineer feat