is cool?

yes
9 (50%)
no
8 (44.4%)
mixed opinion
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Scratch 3.0 is coming in January of 2019  (Read 1949 times)

yeah this would also be my argument for scratch being great as well. I totally agree with everything you said, I just think that it isn't teaching the foundation of programming. Starting off with a strong foundation saves you years of study. Like playing with Lego bricks is good and can really get you into architecture but it's so vastly different from architecture that you'll have to unlearn the bad behavior you learned from Legos ie bricks sticking together, etc
if you have a good teacher, i dont think scratch is a bad thing tbh

i feel like a good mentorship would overcome the kinds of things you are talking about

Yes this is true. When I grew up we didn't have programming classes of any sort until senior year and by then you're either too old to retain information or already know Java enough

nice delay scratch thanks just delay it thats fine forget YOU :)
honestly don't care though since scratch is useless
like the format and everything has a lot of potential but they limit it so much that you can't do stuff with it

if u dont care dont BOST ok

honestly it's better to start off with easy languages like JS / C# and fumble about until you're familiar with the syntax than gain a million bad habits with scratch

Does anyone else use cheat sheets when programming?

If you mean Stack Overflow, then yes.

90% of the time

cheat sheets, no. google and stackoverflow, yes.

i use my lecture notes

scratch more like scratch my nuts this program will forever be awful until they bring back that weird ass monster with the jetpack you controlled and drew lines with black for platforms

it is for children. i think it is a good learning tool for children, to let them understand very basic programming concepts. after they understand those concepts, they should move on to a written programming language like C#.
scratch is the equivalent of wooden picture books for little babies. having children write code with zero knowledge of how the computer interprets that code is like having a toddler try to read Lovecraft.
simple things are useful in certain contexts. just because you are above those simple things does not mean that they should not be made available to people who are not familiar with the subject.

scratch is garbage. gamemaker was easier for me to figure out

scratch is garbage. gamemaker was easier for me to figure out
all this time I thought the scratch Sprite editor was what you used to make all those stuffty drawings