Author Topic: Opinions on Brickadia  (Read 25874 times)

brickadia exists really i promise

What do you guys think? Will it take Blockland's place and where will we all go?
It will probably get as good as GMOD   but probably will get dead near 2028 or something.

It will probably get as good as GMOD   but probably will get dead near 2028 or something.
NO  it wont

o no you found my secret project
just be patient lol

Directional brick movement has no reason to exist. All you need is literally a mouse to aim and a mousewheel to adjust height and maybe right click for rotation . Anything else is just unnecessarily complex design imo
What do you mean unnecessarily complex?
Do you know what it takes to move the brick exactly 2 studs to the right of your perspective with the keyboard? Hitting numpad 6 twice.
Do you know what it takes to move the brick exactly 2 studs to the right of your perspective with the mouse? Well, first, that depends on your position, angle, fov, distance, mouse sensitivity, and your co-ordination. Then from there, you can try to move the mouse precisely to where it needs to go, requiring more precision at longer ranges.

I wonder which one sounds more complex.

Alright, how about another example?
I want a 2x4 brick, and then I want another 2x4 brick, stacked on top but connected by only the back right stud of the bottom one and the front left stud of the top one.
Keyboard? Simple. + 8 6 6 6.
Mouse? Not even possible in Blockland at the moment without using another brick as support. Sure. You mentioned the wheel for height. But how high does it go per tick? A plate or a brick? You wouldn't want another button, because that would be unnecessarily complex.
What if this brick was supported by something high up, and there was nothing nearby to quickly raise it up? Do you just continuously guess where you need to put it on the bottom, and slowly lift it up till you get it where you want it?

stuff i found
wow are you that impatient? are you just totally unable to forgetin wait for the actual announcement of the game?
this thread shouldnt even exist because Now people are screaming about the build controls which are CLEARLY still being worked on. especially when shift kitty over here is typing paragraphs about build controls of which he hasnt even loving tried at all yet

honestly just be patient for now. an actual announcement will be made soon
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 06:03:32 AM by K3k0m@n »

so blockland with elbows and knees, got it

wow are you that impatient? are you just totally unable to forgetin wait for the actual announcement of the game?
this thread shouldnt even exist because Now people are screaming about the build controls which are CLEARLY still being worked on. especially when shift kitty over here is typing paragraphs about build controls of which he hasnt even loving tried at all yet

honestly just be patient for now. an actual announcement will be made soon
Yes, it was so hard to find and totally not a 5 second search away
I thought I was being nice not linking to it.

How are the devs of brickadia gonna mitigate copyright?

like, it looks like they are using a stuff ton of blocklands stuff (faces, textures, etc)

will everything be changed in the future?

How are the devs of brickadia gonna mitigate copyright?

like, it looks like they are using a stuff ton of blocklands stuff (faces, textures, etc)

will everything be changed in the future?
all* of this will be removed before publicly announcing the game

*maybe not the studs - all other stud ideas don't look as good as blocklands does tbh

If it doesn't have the corner jump glitch is it really worth playing????????

i think roughly 99% of my opinion on anything like this will be determined by modding support, but if all these awesome bl modders are workin on it i'm sure i don't have to worry too much. i can't imagine it reaching BL levels of modder-friendliness but i'm interested to see what you guys are able to do