Blockland Forums > General Discussion

CRP2 - Update Pg8

<< < (34/38) > >>

Pepp:
Unrelated to the brickadia talk but I hate to be another one of those guys but either host a server or release the gamemode. I need my cityrpg fix, man.

And related to the Brickadia talk - why are they stupid enough to release a blockland clone with zero mod support?

Conan:
its in alpha, they didnt release it? its just a public alpha and still is getting core new features added to it on a regular basis, and modding is confirmed to be one of them.

The Brighter Dark:
none of this has to do with crp. sad!

DurkaDude:
Brickadia is just trying to add as many features as standard before they release it to the modding community.

Blockland launched without an ammo system and so every weapon pack came with their own half-assed and incompatible ammo system. As a result you have 80 add-ons that package /light and you can actually crash some servers by spamming your light while dead.

Blockland launched without an interactive brick system, and so JVS came along and filled the need rather poorly.

--- Quote from: Badspot on January 20, 2013, 05:35:13 PM ---Problems with JVS doors:

[*]16 events to open a goddamn door.
[*]stuffty AIM sounds
[*]Ego-wank "jvs" tab instead of being in the special/interactive tab where they belong
[*]Ass-backwards-as-forget loop structure that causes the brick loading times to increase for all bricks for each jvs door that you have installed.  If you have 50 JVS doors installed, you're looking at a 10x increase in loading times.  This alone is reason to remove it from the game permanently.  I regret not CRC failing when I discovered this issue years ago. 
[*]Overly complicated door blocking system that requires a taxing container radius search every time someone opens a door.  Door disabling can easily be implemented via toggleEventEnabled or setRayCastingEnabled.
[*]Overly complicated ID restriction system that serves no purpose except providing yet another way for power starved pre-teens to give themselves special privileges over other users so they can have some semblance of empowerment in their otherwise impotent lives.
--- End quote ---

Pepp:

--- Quote from: DurkaDude on December 01, 2021, 07:26:00 PM ---Brickadia is just trying to add as many features as standard before they release it to the modding community.

--- End quote ---

I admit to not being an expert but that sounds kind of full of stuff, and I have my doubts they will ever add modding capabilities: the devs of Brickadia give me two impressions:
a) Control freaks
b) They don't get what made blockland good

I get wanting to make sure it's ABSOLUTELY PERFECT but they really should have done that before release. I don't think they could have missed the point any harder.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version